Reprint of British Military Trucks of WW2

badger

Hi All

Just spotted this:

https://www.bookworldws.co.uk/product/british-military-trucks-of-world-war-two/

Its a limited edition paperback reprint of Les Freathys book. Apparently this is a limited reprint for Bookworld as Tankograd didn't want to reprint themselves.

Not cheap but certainly cheaper than the original has been going for. Postage was also quite high at £5!!

I ordered one immediately as have been trying to track this down for years!!

Ben

• Like 2

Wow - I placed my order this morning with Bookworld and have had a confirmation through. Glad I didn't hang around as I have been seriously regretting not buying this when it was first released.

Thanks for the heads up on the other seller though.

Ben

Ordered just now and got an email confirmation within two minutes, so may be worth another try? Been after this for a while to go with the Cold War volume I already have so was happy to stumble into this thread :)

Andy

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Ordered just now and got an email confirmation within two minutes, so may be worth another try? Been after this for a while to go with the Cold War volume I already have so was happy to stumble into this thread :)

Andy

Glad to have been of service.

• Like 1

Well, I managed to secure one of the Paul Meekins copies.  I was nervous that photographic reproduction might have suffered in the reprint.  Of course, I can't tell whether it has or not, but I found the reproduction quite acceptable: don't worry!

Very impressed with the service from Paul Meekins.  Ordered early yesterday, arrived today at 10.30: credit to Royal Mail.  Book inside a cellophane wrapper inside bubble wrap inside a cardboard book sleeve, so it is in the mintiest of mint conditions, with nary a fingerprint on it.

Now to enjoy: best reference on a poorly documented subject since Mike Conniford laid down his quill.

PS Special thanks to @Hardcastle for the tip-off, without which I would have missed the boat -again!

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 2

Mine is due to be delivered in the next hour by DPD.

Sadly I'm at work so won't get to fondle it until tonight!

Well it was worth the wait! Currently having a coffee and a perusal.

Mine was also very well packaged and arrived safely in mint condition. It even has a good smell!!

Ben

Got mine too, similarly well packed. Haven't had more than a quick flick through so far, it needs to be savoured when I have the proper amount of free time :)

Andy

• Like 1

Hi all

I discovered why "No stock/Sold out" when I asked about it - none of the UK sellers post to South Africa, So will have to go without. (Also the Rand-Pound exchange rate is a killer - almost 20 rand for a pound!)

My luck

Tim