Jump to content

1/72 - Nieuport Triplane by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released


Recommended Posts

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nieuport Triplane by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+sprue - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nieuport Triplane by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+sprue - release late July 2021
17 hours ago, Violet Club said:

I hope they will release other 1/72 WW1 experimental Aircraft in the future !

 

Violet Club

I’d settle for an FE2, DH9 and 9a!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I’d settle for an FE2, DH9 and 9a!

All high on my list.  I was hoping the recently restored to airworthiness DH9 might inspire a manufacturer.  This Nieuport is interesting but a bit too esoteric for me.  It actually looks like it has already crashed!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of that, so the following is JUST MY OPINION, yours may vary, etc., but...

 

Wow, that thing is UGLY!

 

(There, I said it, I feel better now...)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Fukuryu said:

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of that, so the following is JUST MY OPINION, yours may vary, etc., but...

 

Wow, that thing is UGLY!

 

(There, I said it, I feel better now...)

And that's just the one shown. There was another, quite distinct, just as ugly.................

 

Paul.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll pick one of these up, but would also love to see the DH-9 family, Junkers CL.1, Caudron R.11, and a Hanriot HD.1 (never been produced by a major manufacturer in 1/72).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hobo said:

I'll pick one of these up, but would also love to see the DH-9 family, Junkers CL.1, Caudron R.11, and a Hanriot HD.1 (never been produced by a major manufacturer in 1/72).

I know you said major manufacturer, but you can at least hack a reasonable Junkers Cl.1 from the Pegasus kit, although it isn't (IMHO) one of their better kits. And the HR injection plastic Hanriot is, like their Sopwith Pup, quite a buildable kit, at least until something better comes along. A shame there's only the nigh on impossible to find at a reasonable price Sierra Caudron R.11, AFAIK.  And for the DH9, bafflingly, you only have old conversions available.

 

I've built an old resin Nie. triplane, the version illustrated for this KP kit, by RVHP if I recall correctly, and it was okay but I'll certainly get a KP kit as well.

 

Paul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The dh9a May be a serious contender for there being more real ones built than models of them. In 1/72 I think it’s merlin, a vacform the manufacturer of which escapes me, and an eastern bloc manufacturer’s polikarpov r-1 (dh9a reverse engineered clone), if you can find one. I can’t imagine many have been assembled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wombat said:

The dh9a May be a serious contender for there being more real ones built than models of them. In 1/72 I think it’s merlin, a vacform the manufacturer of which escapes me, and an eastern bloc manufacturer’s polikarpov r-1 (dh9a reverse engineered clone), if you can find one. I can’t imagine many have been assembled.

Classic Plane did the DH9a (and 9) vac. Not bad, if a little rough. I have a couple. The Eastern Bloc kit you're thinking of had several manufacturers releasing it over the years, and I think the last to do so may have been Maquette. Again, not a bad kit, but also by no means modern, with the added joy of the flying surface tops having exagerated rib detail needing sanding down, and none at all on the undersides, needing taping or scribing. I have 3 of those somewhere languishing in woe. Got as far as finishing the sanding, and by then had lost mo-jo.

 

Paul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There is an absolutely amazing resin 1:72 DH9a by CMR. Have one in my stash. However, I am afraid it is not easily obtainable.

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

There is an absolutely amazing resin 1:72 DH9a by CMR. Have one in my stash. However, I am afraid it is not easily obtainable.

 

IIRC most (all?) original moulds of CMR kits were bought by AZ/KP, so they can legally release them as injection kits. I'm not sure what about Airco DH.9A, but maybe they will release this one too?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

 

IIRC most (all?) original moulds of CMR kits were bought by AZ/KP, so they can legally release them as injection kits. I'm not sure what about Airco DH.9A, but maybe they will release this one too?

Yes, I have heard rumors that the folks behind CMR are helping AZ produce a DH.9 series. As for CMR, they were the best of the best and it is a shame so many of their kits are getting harder and harder to find, even on ebay. It would be a dream come true to see someone release them again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be great to see AZ/KP release the CMR kits as injection-moulded kits. At any rate, I would love to see a DH.9 in injection-moulded plastic in 1/72nd scale. I actually have decals for one (Gran Chaco War), but no kit to use them on!

 

Regards,

 

Jason

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Learstang said:

It would be great to see AZ/KP release the CMR kits as injection-moulded kits. At any rate, I would love to see a DH.9 in injection-moulded plastic in 1/72nd scale. I actually have decals for one (Gran Chaco War), but no kit to use them on!

 

Regards,

 

Jason

Yes!!! I love Latin America schemes also. By the way, the book "Latin American Air Wars" by Dan Hagedorn is absolutely superb. It covers all time periods and includes many color drawings and photos. Well worth it if you can find one at a reasonable price. Here is the listing on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Latin-American-Air-Wars-1912-1969/dp/1902109449

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are several WWI types with huge production numbers never seen in injection moulded kits like dH 9 wirh Puma-engine, Caudron's G.3 and G.4 and especially DFW CV. If KP could be able to agree and utilize existing resin kits of the types I believe - but could be wrong - they would make more sence than Nieuport tripe.

 

Cheers,

 

AaCee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Hobo said:

Yes!!! I love Latin America schemes also. By the way, the book "Latin American Air Wars" by Dan Hagedorn is absolutely superb. It covers all time periods and includes many color drawings and photos. Well worth it if you can find one at a reasonable price. Here is the listing on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Latin-American-Air-Wars-1912-1969/dp/1902109449

 

There is also Helion's Latin America@War for inspiration. Easier to get at least, although I can't vouch for the content (I don't have any).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nieuport Triplane by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+sprue+schemes - release late July 2021
Posted (edited)

Schemes

 

ref. KPM72255 - Nieuport Triplane - "RFC/RNAS"

Sources: 

https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/nieuport-triplane-rfc-rnas/

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM72255

 

KPM72255.jpg


KPM72255-1.jpg

 

ref. KPM72256 - Nieuport Triplane - "RFC/RNAS"

Sources: 

https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/nieuport-triplane-france/

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM72256

 

 

KPM72256.jpg


KPM72256-1.jpg

 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nieuport Triplane by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+sprue+schemes - release August 2021
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nieuport Triplane by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Put me on the list for Ninak and Wapiti. However, I will be waaay happier it's not AZ/KP that makes them. In the same way I would have been much happier back in the 90's, if the shortrun had been made by Aeroclub and not by Merlin😉.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...