1/72 - Dornier/Dassault-Breguet Alpha Jet family by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - Air Graphics sets

Homebee

Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) is to release 1/72nd Dornier/Dassault-Breguet (DDB) Alpha Jet A/1B/E/MS.1 & MS.2 kits.

A new tool kit or an updated, with some new parts, from the vintage Heller kit, like the 1/50th Gazelle (link) or 1/72nd Potez 540 (link)? Today, with KP/AZmodel you never know. Wait and see.

Sources: 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/dassault-dornier-alpha-jet-a-1-72-kp-kovozavody-prostejov/

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1632027106991132&id=182206638639860

After the new Hawker Tempest model, we are currently completing another set of molds for the new Alpha Jet model, and again 3D technologies are also used in production. This year, fans of training aircraft will be happy, because there are other very interesting pieces in preparation.
In other info articles, we will gradually introduce you to boxarts, moldings and camouflage schemes of individual covers. We will launch the model at the beginning of August and it will gradually be on sale at all good sellers and also in our E-shop.

FB-IMG-1625231365369.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 12

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dornier/Dassault-Breguet Alpha Jet family by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art - release August 2021

I expect it to be a reverse-engineered of the 1/72 Heller/Revell kit: same shapes but with hand-made recessed panel lines. Not a modern kit (CAD design and CNC tooling). We'll see soon enough.

Edited by Laurent
  • Like 5

On 7/3/2021 at 6:00 AM, Meatbox8 said:

A groovy scheme.  Are those dissimilar air training colours.

The AlphaJet illustrated here is owned by the paramilitary company ''Top Aces'' of Canada.

Top Aces is a private contractor for the RCAF, the USAF and the German Luftwaffe with 28 ex-Luftwaffe AlphaJet A and they also just aquired 25 AlphaJet B1+ ex-Belgian Air Force.

In Canada, the Top Aces AlphaJet are located at RCAF air bases of Bagotville QC, Cold Lake AL, Shearwater NS and Comox BC.

🙂

SharkOwl   

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

I expect it to be a reverse-engineered of the 1/72 Heller/Revell kit: same shapes but with hand-made recessed panel lines.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Matchbox. There is still a chance, but a small one, that it will be Fujimi. In any case, I don't believe the "new 3D project" fairy tale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless I am mistaken, I  have not seen any specific mention it is "new tool" but lets give them the benefit of any doubt as it could be a very tasty treat if it was!

Not overly keen on the civil registration decal options, but military is sure to follow.

Kovozávody Prostějov if you are reading this - can you please give us a large amount of armament options - happy to pay extra for seperate armament sprue with all the exotic French/Euro Et Al fire crackers, Please, Please and Xtra Please!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ivand said:

I hope they do a good job on this one... I've been waiting ages for a modern mould, which was announced by Heller years ago!

I will need.... several... 😏

Anyway, is there any update or set date about Heller one?

What is more exciting, that the press release mentions other trainers which are in the pipeline.  The L-159 would be a threatnas well as the AMX (esp. If they also do the single seater). And I am still waiting for a kit company to announce a Red Hawk kit. Considering that trainers are used in way more air forces than say a F-22 it is a shame that they are so neglected by the modelling community.

2 hours ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

What is more exciting, that the press release mentions other trainers which are in the pipeline.  The L-159 would be a threatnas well as the AMX (esp. If they also do the single seater). And I am still waiting for a kit company to announce a Red Hawk kit.

The same KP issued the L-159 a while ago. A pretty rough kit, not what one would expect in this era, even for a short run kit.

I really hope that the Alpha Jet will be a much better kit! 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, stevehnz said:

One can but hope for a German one in the wrap around camo, it would save trying to negotiate the HaHen website, which I've tried & failed to order from on several occasions.

Steve.

As user and manufacture there should be a german "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau". :D

I hope for the best of all squadrons, the JaboG 41 in Husum. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Company's recent track record is not so shining. Alpha Jet is interesting, but I want to see it and hear some comments before deciding what to do with it.

For another jet trainer my quess is Sword's Jet Provost but time will show.

Cheers,

AaCee

On 7/4/2021 at 11:17 PM, ivand said:

Wouldn't it be easier to call it UniFluZ then? UNIversal FLUgZeug.  😁

No, it's a trainer, no multirole allweather combat plane. :D

On 7/4/2021 at 10:27 PM, MiG-Mech said:

As user and manufacture there should be a german "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau". :D

I hope for the best of all squadrons, the JaboG 41 in Husum. ;)

These fabolous Unit wich denyed to do for what it was made  to do…..?

19 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

No, it's a trainer, no multirole allweather combat plane. :D

Well, "egg laying wool milk sow" sounded pretty multirole to me. 😏

(I suppose 'Wolle' was what was meant)

The German Alpha Jets replaced the Fiat G.91 for light attack too, didn't they?

8 hours ago, ivand said:

That was actually the primary envisioned role for the German Alpha jets, which is why they divested theirs with the end of the cold war. The mission was no longer required, as advanced jet training was/is being conducted in the United States with the US Air Force.

Despite issues with KP kits, it would be pretty difficult to be worse than the currently available kits in 1/72 scale, so I will welcome this addition. I have a Heller kit, which seems to be the best place to start from right now, but it still pretty bad. If KP can at least get the wings right (dogtooth in the right position, no landing lights) it will already be a big improvement.

I'd like one, we'll see what happens.

Hoops

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoops said:

Despite issues with KP kits, it would be pretty difficult to be worse than the currently available kits in 1/72 scale, so I will welcome this addition. I have a Heller kit, which seems to be the best place to start from right now, but it still pretty bad. If KP can at least get the wings right (dogtooth in the right position, no landing lights) it will already be a big improvement.

I'd like one, we'll see what happens.

Hoops

In terms of mould quality I'd still take a Heller Alpha Jet over the recent KP SF.260. Granted, the latter is a short run kit, but others have shown that it is possible to have short run kits without flaws and scars all over the plastic, have clearly defined small parts and details and even make then fit well enough to compete with certain mainstream products. The Siai was nothing like it and reminded me of moulding quality of a couple decades ago.

If the future KP Alpha Jet will be more similar to their Bf.109 series, then will be a different story and a well buildable kit, Guess that the type of mould quality will depend on their sales expectations, Of course we'll only see it when the kit hits the shelves... Contrary to the SIAI, this time I'll let others buy the kit first and wait for their assessment.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paul J said:

There was always the Airfix Alpha Jet. The Fujimi one was a fair kit.

As for other trainers, maybe a FIAT G-91T??

The Fujimi kit was well moulded, with very fine recessed panel lines.. apart from a few that for some reason were raised. I built the kit many years ago and I seem to remember that there was something wrong with IIRC the wing leading edges, with one higher than the other or something similar. Cockpit was very bare, Pavla offers a resin replacement aimed at the Airfix and Heller kits, don't know if this would fit the Fujimi offering.

Personally I'd love a new G.91T, as long as it's done properly. This variant differed from the base R variant in more aspects than many realize, just adding some lengths and an extra seat does not work.

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 8:18 PM, ivand said:

Well, "egg laying wool milk sow" sounded pretty multirole to me. 😏

(I suppose 'Wolle' was what was meant)

That's why it is flying with a second empty(!) cockpit and two APUs unaerodynamic in external nacelles. :D