Sword EE Lightning Mk3

Another Sword Lighning kit finished.  Nice little kits that build well with a bit of effort.  This was built as a double build with the Mk2 version

to complete the 1/2/3/T4/T5/6 set.

These take a bit of effort to line everything up, but its worth the effort.  Decals for this came from the kit.  Not sure where the nose intake blank came from (may be airfix?).  nose probe Master, nose wheel Barracuda along with the Red Tops.  Various Alclad shade for the bodywork.

Tim

pvoYpjN.jpg

ubCSxUF.jpg

5RnlL3M.jpg

rdyrBql.jpg

txwGhuC.jpg

ZYXkkYY.jpg

8WK9qFt.jpg

3q1nWrd.jpg

ChOteFU.jpg

• Like 62
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Superb result...  Just one thing are those fins right on the missiles?  No expert by far just wondering...

Yes for Red tops,

Nicely built Lightning. What I would do is add a very thinned black wash to the wheels to enhance them a bit. It will be a bit more to the overall finish.🙃

14 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Superb result...  Just one thing are those fins right on the missiles?  No expert by far just wondering...

well that question had me scrabbling for the reference books to make sure 🙂

Yes, they are on the right way round.

Tim

16 hours ago, Fishbed said:

well that question had me scrabbling for the reference books to make sure 🙂

Yes, they are on the right way round.

Tim

Its just the fins looked odd...  Comparing to the ones on the Lightning doing myself. - ahh these are Firestreaks on mine my error.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2021 at 18:36, Hairtrigger said:

I love the lightning and your example looks fantastic! I love the air intake blank and the overall finish looks very realistic.well done sir! 

Tim, that’s beautiful work on the metallic finish (and the rest of the build). I am a big fan of this scheme, black fin over all natural metal, because it reminds me of the first model I built as a kid, a Matchbox kit. It’s nice to see what you’ve achieved here, thanks for sharing.