Sword EE Lightning Mk2

I built this along with its Mk3 companion as a double build to finish the 1/2/2a/3/T4/T5/6 set.

Anyway, nice little kit.  Plently of detail in the cockpit, resin engine nozzles.  As usual with these kits a bit of fiddling needed to get everything lined up.  I replace the ejection seat with a Barracuda version. Master nose probe. Nose wheel and strut Barracuda as the kits were short-shots.

I based this kit on photos of one of the 19 Squadron aircraft fitted with the 30mm weapons pack for something a bit different.  The markings and codes came mainly from the spares box.  The blue/white checks I did by paining the blue and using white checks from fantasy printshop on top.

Alclad in various shades for the metalwork.

Anyway onto the pics -

Tim

cJu05wb.jpg

R8UQaXy.jpg

C5PccLg.jpg

4fqenhM.jpg

wr55F0S.jpg

Qiwv7F5.jpg

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

Another nice Lightning and again. some thinned black wash to the wheels will add that little bit more to the model. Well done.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paul J said:

Another nice Lightning and again. some thinned black wash to the wheels will add that little bit more to the model. Well done.

Yes, you are right.  I was going to use the Barracuda resin wheels, but due to various factors (life etc)  I ended up using the kit wheels and missed that step out.  I'll fix that some time

Tim

• Like 1

Just like your F3....a really great result that you've achieved. Nice to see this scheme for a change as it always seems forgotten when compared to the more colourful squadrons 74, 56, 111 etc. Love it! 👍