W40K Ravenwing bike squad.

Gather around, fellow modellers and hear my tale of woe. Work has been manic, ever changing and mainly from home since the batflu struck. No furlough for my mother's eldest! Family matters have been piling more stress on. It's been a long, miserable year and it's about to step up a gear as our customers return. 

I know, First World problems...

I decided to snap myself out of it. I've rebuilt the back brake on my bike, had the fork seals renewed and tidied her up cosmetically. She's MOT'd and I am, once again, a greasy biker type. 

This makes me very happy.

Still, I'm rusty as and the old girl terrifies me now. I needed something to calm me down. 

That's when I saw the old Dark Vengeance box sitting on the shelf of shame.

Weren't there some bikes in there? :hmmm:

I went a little bit old school with these. Out of the box paintwork, right down to the edge highlights GW love so much, very light weathering and just a wee dusting of pigments.

As always, my photography sucks! Extra bad this time around, as my software's on the blink. No Luminar magic wand today, just what I get out of the body. Apologies in advance... 

IMGP0759

IMGP0764

IMGP0765

IMGP0790

IMGP0786

IMGP0830

IMGP0833

IMGP0841

IMGP0859

Thanks for watching. :bye:

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And the photography battle rages on...

I replaced my trusty old modelling lamp for one of these new fangled led thingies and tried a different background. I've tidied up the paintwork and mould lines a little, too.

What do you think, gang? Any improvement?

IMGP1189

IMGP1188

IMGP1187

IMGP1186

IMGP1185

IMGP1183

IMGP1182

Thanks for watching, comments/critique welcome, especially any hints or tips around photography!

• Like 3

These are great, I can hear those engines roaring! The photos look pretty good to me. Have you tried shooting from lower down to get the illusion of greater size? I found that natural light sometimes looks much better than a spot. If there's not much light, just let the camera pick a slower shutter speed (tripod obviously is a must here).

• Like 1