Hello Everyone

This is the wonderful Tamiya 1/48 Me-262 A-2a. The only modifications where a few wires in the main undercarriage bay, some homemade seat straps and I decided to cut the flaps out and display them drooping. I believe the leading edges would also be lowered at the same time, but I had a bad case of diminished enthusiasm hit me halfway through the build. I’ll save that job for the 1/32 262’s in my stash.

spacer.png

It started out well enough but then the decals silvered in places (all my fault), so I decided to remove all the paint and start again. I think it turned out a little better but still not satisfied, but hey it’s all about the taking part and learning. Most of the markings are hand painted as a way of punishing myself for not doing the decals justice in the first place.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

it turns out very very nice for a model restoration, an I am impressed of the handpainted markings. I am sure it was it worth.

all in all a top notch model and photography too.

Cheers

Andy 

The dropped flaps look great, Its the one thing that puts me off smaller scale Me262s but I think you have convinced me to try cutting them out,

I also wouldnt worry too much about the slats, I think the ground crew were known to push them back to keep them safe from debris fouling them.

That's excellent workmanship! Super nice model. I don't understand how you could remove all the paint from a finished model (I need to dissect it first).

Funny thing I detected - there's only chipping on the port wing and engine - how that??

On 01/07/2021 at 15:46, Toryu said:

That's excellent workmanship! Super nice model. I don't understand how you could remove all the paint from a finished model (I need to dissect it first).

Funny thing I detected - there's only chipping on the port wing and engine - how that??

Hi Toryu

I use Clean Slate from VMS to remove acrylic paint it works really well and doesn't damage the plastic.

As to why the chipping is on the port wing only, I figured that cockpit access can only be on the port side therefore I expect more traffic from personnel on that side (more traffic equals more wear). I have to say though, the chipping is overdone but its a learning curve.

Many thanks for your kind comments, Trace

Many thanks also to all for the kind comments it's much appreciated.

Trace

• Thanks 1