The New Bristol Beaufort Mk. I

Superb job. I have yet to build the couple I've got. Looking forward to them releasing a Mk.Ia, the turret parts are there. Shame they seemingly aren't tooling up the parts for a MK.II.

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Like 1

Your Beaufort is very fine indeed.

The colour scheme is particularly impressive and the wear and tear is very convincing.

I like it a lot!

Michael

• Like 2

Top notch for your part. You made it come to life.

I guess that I'm the only one that isn't happy with Airfix kits. To my eyes it looks like another clumsy effort that just isn't in the 21st century yet. 

Panelization is too deep and overall it looks soft. 

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous build and the paint work and weathering really capture the hard working low level sea skimming life these aircraft operated in. I’m glad you enjoyed the build, it shows in these excellent photographic results. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Absolutely gorgeous build and the paint work and weathering really capture the hard working low level sea skimming life these aircraft operated in. I’m glad you enjoyed the build, it shows in these excellent photographic results. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks, Dave.

I followed your build log all the way; it was very useful when it came time to make mine - plus you got an excellent result.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautiful results on this!  What/whose pilot figure did you use?  One from the Revell figure set?

Thanks! No - the pilot came from the box. I tried a PJ Productions one instead, but he was a little too bulky. 

• Like 1

Cant say i am a fan of the wishy washy weathering look , to my eyes the colours look too faded , there are plenty of colour pics of 217 sqn Beauforts which clearly show solid colour with the usual paint chips and panel line shadows exhaust stains etc , that said i do realise these aircraft led a hard life and perhaps at the end of there service life would look a little bit washed out .  :hmmm:

• Like 1

What the others have said! Beautifully built, painted, and weathered. Every one of the finished Beauforts displayed so far here on BM have been magnificent- can't recall a new release that has parked such interest and finished builds so quickly after release. You can be proud of this one, Tim! I hope I can do half as good a job!

Mike

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Cant say i am a fan of the wishy washy weathering look , to my eyes the colours look too faded , there are plenty of colour pics of 217 sqn Beauforts which clearly show solid colour with the usual paint chips and panel line shadows exhaust stains etc , that said i do realise these aircraft led a hard life and perhaps at the end of there service life would look a little bit washed out .  :hmmm:

Fair enough! I can never claim much accuracy - just an interpretation of the source material I find. At such a reduced scale, I try to dramatize for effect. Thanks for your comments!

• Like 1