Chrome Paint

FrankJ

Looking for opinions on chrome paint for exhaust tail pipe on plastic model motorcycle, airbrush or hairy stick.

I usually use Tamiya 10ml pots for most airbrushing but their X-11 chrome silver is nothing like chrome more a dull siver.

Have tried another brand, the name escapes me, anyone know which is best for a proper chrome effect? 

Maybe I'm not doing the prep work correct. 

Just now, Black Knight said:

Molotow chrome ink pen.

The ink is available in bottles as refill for the pens but it san be sprayed too

Also good, but I rate Mirror better with Molotow 2nd if you use it out of the pen :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I can heartily recommend Mirror, by Stuart Semple.  You can brush it or spray it, and the finish is astonishing.  So's the price, but it's worth every penny, as a tiny amount goes a long way.

https://culturehustle.com/products/mirror

spacer.png

30 quid for 15ml :shocked:

It does look very impressive though.

• Like 2

Both look impressive, I'll maybe try the cheaper option first to see how it turns out. If not then Mirror. I want to start doing motorcycles and they have a few chrome parts as you know. Nearly completed my first one but it could be better. Thankfully the cowlings cover the mistakes. 😁😁😁

Alclad 2 

This is their chrome over stripped plated surface i.e. just black plastic, my photo skills and mobile camera don't do it justice.  

51281787727_db00baaa71_h.jpg

I've tried all manner of metal finish paint, Alclad 2 is still the easiest and consistently good paint finish in my opinion.  I've tried AK extreme, Mr Hobby, Tamiya, Ammo, all work all can be really good but they tend to vary depending on, surface, shape, size etc.  Alcald 2 just works regardless, it's only drawback is it's odore, you need a mask minimum, better still a booth, i'f it's a quality one and you're doing smaller parts and short airbrushing times just a booth.  With mine I can't smell it, forget to turn it on and boy do I smell it.                

• Like 1