Bristol Bulldog MK.II Finnish Air Force 1942 - Airfix 1/72

Today I present my 3rd Bristol Bulldog from Airfix kit in 1/72 scale. Now I'm finish with this plane.
This time it shows a Finnish Bulldog in 1942, this plane was a gif from Sweden, it was used only for training. I will thank Fabien Bauduin fot this kit from the 80's edition (I think), it need a bit more work then the 70's edition but is much better then all what comes after...
Airfix made a mistake with propeller blades, they are reversed in the kit :venere: 
I have engraved the panel lines, add a machine gun cover on the left side under the cockpit and make some cockpit details from scratch, dash board comes from YAHU Poland - nice thing. Decals are mix from TECHMOD registration and GALDECAL swastikas. Painted yellow and grey FS26440 from Gunze, olive green from Modelmaster FS34096.

IMG-9340.jpg
IMG-9341.jpg
IMG-9342.jpg

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

Hello, Jerzy -

Fantastic result on your Airfix Bulldog - excellent rigging as well 

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

Superb Bulldog – I took it for a Pyro 1/48th at first glance!

Are the tailplanes from the kit? I don't remember them being so thick and clumsy looking, especially compared with the fin/rudder.

An enviable effort!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hadzi said:

Today I present my 3rd Bristol Bulldog from Airfix kit in 1/72 scale. Now I'm finish with this plane.
This time it shows a Finnish Bulldog in 1942, this plane was a gif from Sweden, it was used only for training. I will thank Fabien Bauduin fot this kit from the 80's edition (I think), it need a bit more work then the 70's edition but is much better then all what comes after...
Airfix made a mistake with propeller blades, they are reversed in the kit :venere: 
I have engraved the panel lines, add a machine gun cover on the left side under the cockpit and make some cockpit details from scratch, dash board comes from YAHU Poland - nice thing. Decals are mix from TECHMOD registration and GALDECAL swastikas. Painted yellow and grey FS26440 from Gunze, olive green from Modelmaster FS34096.

IMG-9340.jpg
IMG-9341.jpg
IMG-9342.jpg

Totally awesome! Being a Finn I give you special thanks for an outstanding build!

Einar

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Outstanding build and finish.  What did you use for the rigging?  I thought it was a 1/48 kit!

Thank you. For the rigging I use TRANSPARENTE MONOFILM DARK, from ACKERMANN Germany

15 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Superb Bulldog – I took it for a Pyro 1/48th at first glance!

Are the tailplanes from the kit? I don't remember them being so thick and clumsy looking, especially compared with the fin/rudder.

An enviable effort!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you Joachim, yes tail-plane is from kit and you're right it is to thick, sorry for that.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed,.... I built one of these many years ago but it was the variant with a cowled engine. Using an Aeroclub engine enclosed inside a metal cowling,......... it was so nose heavy that it used to tip onto its nose all on its own LOL!! !It got squashed by a shelf,..... and was nowhere near the quality of your model.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Thanks 1