1:350 WW1 Zeppelins from Takom

LN-KEH

Takom continues to surprise us with its choice of subjects.

1:350 Zeppelins; the P and Q class becomes half a meter long in that scale - in the same scale as many WW1 ship kits.

The Q-class is of interest to me as L-20 drifted ashore in Norway and some bits and pieces are on show in the museum at Stavanger-Sola.

209624831_1583323885209488_4646493152311

208619752_1583323908542819_3130567432061

• Like 7

Oh, my word.  They really ARE hitting my buttons.  Granted that I'd rather have an R-type, but a P-type is a fine warmup...and after building the Mark I kit in 1/720, it really won't be that large.  An airship is like a conventional ship...it's long and thin.  Easy to put on a shelf.

Well, as a boy, I would have loved kits like this!  Was really into zeppelin's and things of that nature back then, but their wasn't much available! Definitely something different!

Edited by B.sin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jumblies are a brilliant company to deal with, but their pre-orders can take a long time to fulfil sometimes.

Had a Hasegawa kit, waited nearly 6 months. But it did eventually arrive and more than likely not their fault especially with Hasegawa

• 4 weeks later...

My P Class has alighted at Martian Towers, with the Q Class on its way as we speak. I followed @Homebee's link on the kits but w.as somewhat surprised when I learned that we are supposed to eat the kits. Here: " It is very simple to make, but it is very suitable for fast food party production."! Now, I have been at this game for fifty five of the sixty years I have been on your planet and thought that, in modelling terms at least, I had pretty much seen it all but that is a new one on me! :confused: I can confirm that the kit does look every bit as good in the flesh as it does on the pictures, although it will not be as simple to build as the blurb makes out.

Perplexed of Mars 👽

• Like 1

Argh. So close and yet so far.  Some 1/350 airships at last, but my particular interest is for the Schutte Lanz variety. 
All the same, I’d love to get hold of one of these.   I hope you will be sharing some build pics down the road.  You lucky fellow!

Envious of Uranus

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Putty Animal said:

Argh. So close and yet so far.  Some 1/350 airships at last, but my particular interest is for the Schutte Lanz variety. 
All the same, I’d love to get hold of one of these.   I hope you will be sharing some build pics down the road.  You lucky fellow!

Envious of Uranus

There will a full work in progress build of at least one of the kits.

Martian 👽

• Like 1