Churchill's Taxi - AZ 1/72 Fieseler Fi 156C "Storch"

6 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

but @2996 Victor it's entirely your fault. 🤣

I dunno, still getting heaped with the blame..... I suppose I'd better build one of these dang things now :D 

Excellent work, Alistair, the HB scheme is really unusual and eye-catching. The blooming struts look eye-boggling to put together, though :hypnotised: Great result!!! :) 

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

I dunno, still getting heaped with the blame..... I suppose I'd better build one of these dang things now :D 

Excellent work, Alistair, the HB scheme is really unusual and eye-catching. The blooming struts look eye-boggling to put together, though :hypnotised: Great result!!! :) 

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I thought about the struts for some time and eventually put the main wing ones in place after that it was fairly straight forward.

You'll see when you do yours.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks great Alistair,  great work,  the masking reveal went very well too.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

It really was a fun kit.

Thanks to you for taking the fear out of the yellow.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Excellent work on this! :thumbsup:

I wish I had known about this scheme; I won the Tamiya 1/48 kit in a raffle and gave it away due to lack of interest in the kit markings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Excellent work on this! :thumbsup:

I wish I had known about this scheme; I won the Tamiya 1/48 kit in a raffle and gave it away due to lack of interest in the kit markings.

Thanks so much.

I will admit it was the markings that caught my eye and made me buy it in the first place.

Cheers,

Alistair

I have a minor complaint if I may. Since this build began, I have been anticipating a climax to this tale of struttery against the odds, victory snatched from the jaws of defeat when all seemed lost, and a searing contest of man against polystyrene. Instead, what do we get? “Then I put the wings and other bits on”. A trifle anti-climatic don’t you think? I have a similar complaint about your Lysander. Next time, do you think you could give some slight indication that this stuff poses at least a minor challenge and give us mere mortals a little hope? 🙂

Oh, and it goes without saying (but I will anyway), fine fine work. One for front and centre in the old display cabinet!

Craig. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

I have a minor complaint if I may. Since this build began, I have been anticipating a climax to this tale of struttery against the odds, victory snatched from the jaws of defeat when all seemed lost, and a searing contest of man against polystyrene. Instead, what do we get? “Then I put the wings and other bits on”. A trifle anti-climatic don’t you think? I have a similar complaint about your Lysander. Next time, do you think you could give some slight indication that this stuff poses at least a minor challenge and give us mere mortals a little hope? 🙂

Oh, and it goes without saying (but I will anyway), fine fine work. One for front and centre in the old display cabinet!

Craig. 

Craig I'm so sorry to be such a disappointment.  😉.:lalala:

In my case it would have been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory though.

Being completely honest "I got lucky" In placing the main struts on to get the wings in position everything else just kind of fell into place.

The way the wings fit once they're set the Storch sits very happily upside down and makes positioning the other struts and landing gear really easy.

It was literally a work of about 20 minutes.

If I can do this then anyone can.

Thanks so much for your kind comment.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 2