Churchill's Taxi - AZ 1/72 Fieseler Fi 156C "Storch"

On 05/07/2021 at 20:40, 2996 Victor said:

What's his/her name?

Sorry Mark,

Missed this earlier.

His name is Mittens.

Not very butch I'll grant you but when we got him he was supposed to be a she and was called Molly.

This became Molly Mittens in use and then she sat on my hand one night in bed and I thought those bits shouldn't be there.

After that it was off to the vets but by this time Mittens had stuck.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Presumably after the vet visit, he was miffed mittens. 

Craig. 

When the anaesthetic wore off he called me one or two choice names.

Before it wore off we got him home opened the cat carrier and he staggered out drunkenly sloped off to go under my bed but couldn't make it. 

He fell over half under it and it was "Ah stuff it this'll do." He was still pretty dopey 4 hrs later when he staggered through to the living room bounced off the door and walls a couple of time lay down in the middle of the floor and gave me That Look.

Of course my laughter helped with his demeanour.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 5

Sorry to hear of the paint issue, never could get on with the stuff myself. I did have several bottles of Tamiya somewhere from years ago but got so fed up threw them all in the bin !!!

Our cat Maisy, the name belies her killer nature, lays on the stairs to sleep and when we go up to bed she let's you pass and then gently  gets your foot as you pass by, I swear she is trying to kill us and take over!!!

Chris

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Our cat Maisy, the name belies her killer nature, lays on the stairs to sleep and when we go up to bed she let's you pass and then gently  gets your foot as you pass by, I swear she is trying to kill us and take over!!!

Hi Chris,

You only need to worry about Maisy taking over if you see her practicing using the tin opener.

Craig. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Hi Chris,

You only need to worry about Maisy taking over if you see her practicing using the tin opener.

Craig. 

😄Oh my word,  she was going in the cupboard the other day, gonna check she's not developed opposable claws !!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AliGauld said:

After that it was off to the vets but by this time Mittens had stuck.

Alistair: at least he won't know it's not a very butch name :D and now he's a eunuch which isn't butch anyway! Arthur has that to look forward to in the near future - no one's had the heart to tell him yet :evil_laugh: 

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Chris: a family friend of ours had a cat years ago, he used to tease it (so it was his own fault really!) - the cat used to lie in wait in the night, and when he went to the bathroom it would leap out and sink teeth and claws into his ankles :rofl2:

2 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

You only need to worry about Maisy taking over if you see her practicing using the tin opener

10 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

😄Oh my word,  she was going in the cupboard the other day, gonna check she's not developed opposable claws !!!

I was going to say watch out for the opposable thumbs - I've always maintained that when cats develop them, the world will be theirs for the taking.....

Cheers chaps! :) 

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Chris: a family friend of ours had a cat years ago, he used to tease it (so it was his own fault really!) - the cat used to lie in wait in the night, and when he went to the bathroom it would leap out and sink teeth and claws into his ankles :rofl2:

Our last cat was like that if you didn't feed her immediately she asked!!! She was quite a large Tabby that was tortured as a kitten before we got her so she was generally forgiven , it was a bit annoying having to put wellies on to go out to make a cuppa in the morning!!! When my eldest was born we were concerned how she would behave but she was really good with him.  

Chris

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Our last cat was like that if you didn't feed her immediately she asked!!! She was quite a large Tabby that was tortured as a kitten before we got her so she was generally forgiven , it was a bit annoying having to put wellies on to go out to make a cuppa in the morning!!! When my eldest was born we were concerned how she would behave but she was really good with him.  

Chris

Poor little girl, I simply cannot understand how people can be so vile to innocent little creatures.....but her life with you would have made up for her difficult start :) which was born out with how she was with your son :)

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 4

Yes we were very surprised how she was Mark. He could chase her round even grabbed her tail and alsorts,  she would give him a gentle tap, I would be sitting on the sofa stroking her and she would turn on me and I am the that fed her !!!

Chris

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Yes we were very surprised how she was Mark. He could chase her round even grabbed her tail and alsorts,  she would give him a gentle tap, I would be sitting on the sofa stroking her and she would turn on me and I am the that fed her !!!

Chris

They're funny little things, aren't they? Daisy is very individual, she'll stand some fuss and she'll purr, then without warning the teeth and claws come into play and the bunny kicks start.

Arthur on the other hand is just so loving and cuddly, although he's just a baby really, but and cuffing and bunny kicks are claw-free!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

They're funny little things, aren't they? Daisy is very individual, she'll stand some fuss and she'll purr, then without warning the teeth and claws come into play and the bunny kicks start.

Arthur on the other hand is just so loving and cuddly, although he's just a baby really, but and cuffing and bunny kicks are claw-free!

Cheers,

Mark

Very funny things, one that doesn't claw and bite would be good!!!

Chris

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Very funny things, one that doesn't claw and bite would be good!!!

Chris

We had a stray, Buster who used to sink his fangs into me (and only me for some reason, maybe because I was the only one daft enough to try to pick him up) with such regularity that our local GP. practice started keeping stocks of an antibiotic especially good for cat bites against my next visit. I’d stagger up to the reception desk and they’d ask “Buster again?”

I have the opposite problem with our latest lad Rudi. He’s a real softie and loves nothing better than leaping into your lap and kneading away with his razor-sharp claws through your thin pyjamas as you”re trying to down the first cuppa of the day and restore some level of humanity to your carcass. This serves as a real wake-up call as you can imagine. 

Quick Alistair! You need to dazzle us with some stunning modelling  and distract us from all this cat-related nonsense!

Craig. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

We had a stray, Buster who used to sink his fangs into me (and only me for some reason, maybe because I was the only one daft enough to try to pick him up) with such regularity that our local GP. practice started keeping stocks of an antibiotic especially good for cat bites against my next visit. I’d stagger up to the reception desk and they’d ask “Buster again?”

I have the opposite problem with our latest lad Rudi. He’s a real softie and loves nothing better than leaping into your lap and kneading away with his razor-sharp claws through your thin pyjamas as you”re trying to down the first cuppa of the day and restore some level of humanity to your carcass. This serves as a real wake-up call as you can imagine. 

Quick Alistair! You need to dazzle us with some stunning modelling  and distract us from all this cat-related nonsense!

Craig. 

Crikey Craig talk about chalk and  cheese, the stray one sounds a bit of a mare.  Your latest one sounds lovely,  yes the paddy pawing can be a shock.  Mines only nice when she wants food!!!

Sorry Alistair,  yes please do carry on with the modelling fella!!!

• Like 3

Sorry Folks,

I'm still in the middle of my 120 hrs in 11 days stretch at work but I come off the night shift part of it and into 7 days off on Wednesday.

So, until then I doubt very much whether there will be any modelling related shenanigans.

Until then please feel free to continue the moggie related entertainment.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Painful on both counts, but at least with Rudi its because its love!

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Mines only nice when she wants food!!!

We get a bit of that, and since Arthur's arrival Daisy has definitely taken to eating a "meal", so-to-speak, rather than grazing. Its eat or be eaten here!

4 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Until then please feel free to continue the moggie related entertainment.

I'd post a video of Arthur watching England last night as they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but the funny bits are few and far between. I'd been hoping for a £250 from You've Been Framed, but I don't think it'd make the final cut :D 

7 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

I'm still in the middle of my 120 hrs in 11 days stretch at work but I come off the night shift part of it and into 7 days off on Wednesday.

I should think a well-earned rest is warranted!!!

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 3

My little neighbourhood suffered a power cut in the middle of last night's match. It didn't particularly upset me (I had been endearing myself even more to my wife by pointing out all the mistakes in a program about Julie Walters touring the coast of Scotland by train) but judging by the comments on our local whatsapp group, there's a lot more English people in our little community than I had appreciated! The power came back just in time for the final penalty.

15 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

So, until then I doubt very much whether there will be any modelling related shenanigans.

You call that tough? I can manage to get no modelling done while working a straightforward nine-to-five in my back bedroom 😄 But seriously, oof.  You certainly have to work for your kit buying tokens!

Craig.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

My little neighbourhood suffered a power cut in the middle of last night's match. It didn't particularly upset me (I had been endearing myself even more to my wife by pointing out all the mistakes in a program about Julie Walters touring the coast of Scotland by train) but judging by the comments on our local whatsapp group, there's a lot more English people in our little community than I had appreciated! The power came back just in time for the final penalty.

I really do think you had the best of it, Craig! I'm no football fan, but Jane and I do watch the occasional international. But what really makes me laugh is how there's all the hype and then the usual result! :facepalm: Football's coming home.....um, no it ain't!

11 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

You call that tough? I can manage to get no modelling done while working a straightforward nine-to-five in my back bedroom 😄

Yep, me too! :D

12 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

You certainly have to work for your kit buying tokens!

Very true!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Painful on both counts, but at least with Rudi its because its love!

We get a bit of that, and since Arthur's arrival Daisy has definitely taken to eating a "meal", so-to-speak, rather than grazing. Its eat or be eaten here!

I'd post a video of Arthur watching England last night as they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but the funny bits are few and far between. I'd been hoping for a £250 from You've Been Framed, but I don't think it'd make the final cut :D 

I should think a well-earned rest is warranted!!!

Cheers,

Mark

2 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

You call that tough? I can manage to get no modelling done while working a straightforward nine-to-five in my back bedroom 😄 But seriously, oof.  You certainly have to work for your kit buying tokens!

Craig.

It's my own fault. I agreed to the overtime.:doh:

Things should improve though we have three trainees out of the Training School in the area getting ready to pass out for the vacancies.

That will only leave another three vacancies to be filled but will allow our relief staff to cover those.

I'm putting one of the trainees through his paces for Stirling North and when he passes out that will be us fully manned and normal time off should start happening again.

As a Scot I'm not going to comment on any football related stuff at the moment. :wicked: as it's all to easy for joshing and banter to be taken the wrong way. 😀

Mittens decided it was cuddle o'clock at 11 ish this morning hence why I'm up and then promptly wandered out.

He has three ways of communicating his needs to us at the moment.

We have the I want out dance

The My bowl is empty dance and the I want you to chum me to the kitchen while I eat dance.

The unfortunate bit being all the dances are the same and I get that look that says "you really are clinically thick, aren't you" when I inevitably get it wrong.

I got it wrong again this morning. 

Back to normal service soon I hope. The Open starts on Thursday so the telly will be on for every stroke of that and my serial killing of plastic bits should resume then.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3

19 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sorry to hear of the paint issue, never could get on with the stuff myself.

I usually don't have any issues spraying the stuff Chris but this one did. The bottle has been consigned to the darker corners of the bin.

I find Tamiya paints very forgiving normally through an airbrush but would never attempt to brush paint with them for anything other than small areas and details. It's horrible for that.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

I was going to say watch out for the opposable thumbs - I've always maintained that when cats develop them, the world will be theirs for the taking.....

I'd agree but based on my own experience they don't need to take over what they already own.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 3

So while I had the Colourcoats Night bomber Black out I masked off the fuselage and wings.

utHpzEM.jpg

mu9aRzg.jpg

ppEPTtQ.jpg

KLPsPjQ.jpg

77p8Wvc.jpg

FNQy1Ol.jpg

A few minor touch ups required but with the uneven surface I was expecting it.

Next up some Yellow. :door:

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 6

Colourcoats FAA/RAF Yellow applied.

8fpTFnU.jpg

trM6olo.jpg

3JH17AL.jpg

1lLvdAU.jpg

I used Mr. Duff's lovely tutorial on spraying this colour 

and it made life so much easier.