Italeri 1/72 F-16 A RDAF - Finished :)

Hello everyone :)

Finally I think it is time to start on this kit.

I've been looking much forward to make this. I have some good memories of seeing Danish f-16's at some airshows in Denmark, and this one should be possible to build mostly OOB flying in danish markings. I did buy some extra weapons kit, and a resin seat to spice things up. 

The kit look very good, nice crisp details, no sinkmarks of what I can see.  

The box (a bit worn, but nothing broken or bended inside :)

Let's get to it ;) 

y4mkAz9z_6DjZ-ED1wBifm4G6Uti9rF0bLNLGS6Q

The sprues

y4m8lMjNe5xVxzDtPvKa5ZassJ1HpC8B2AKp2PR5

The decalsheet (The danish ones i focus 😛 )

y4mfUB5UalWk_bGKejoxZX8GN7UIO_zslvnv_Wuw

The aircraft i'm trying to replicate :D 

y4mel190BLsbmzt8DxtRZHAWia9H66vGZsoqRnP0

The extra bits:

y4mMhujR392wzw2B2rNME9PWkL-iUOv_VwlXdme1

• Like 6

welcome along to the build.

It seem quite a few people a building models of aircraft they've seen in the past.....great way to relive the memory.

Looks like you have some nice extras to go with her, including a resin seat...... very good to see! :thumbsup:

Good luck with the build, look forward to following the progress.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

welcome along to the build.

It seem quite a few people a building models of aircraft they've seen in the past.....great way to relive the memory.

Looks like you have some nice extras to go with her, including a resin seat...... very good to see! :thumbsup:

Good luck with the build, look forward to following the progress.

Thank you, yes I've look at the WIP on most of the build in this GB, and have read something similar ;) I have allied with a good friend who knows quite a lot about the F-16's armament and painting, so that is very good help for me :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The cockpit has taken shape :) The resin seat from quickboost is just awesome, and really adds something to it. I was however disappointed to find out, that there was no decals for the instruments left and right in the cockpit. I made some from the sparebox, and I think they will do the job! 
y4mEcHBgZKdvPZpPuKe9GW9ThXRhN6W14z718G2C

y4msmO2_ggxt4M1Rh_YRkSjt_CBGMXcvD_HCAzZG

• Like 1

great start, I think any AM ejection seats are an improvement on the normal kit supplied ones!

Thank you :) Yes, the one from the kit is very basic ;) Exciting to find out, how much of it can be seen once the canopy is on ;)

Got a lot made yesterday, the most of the kit is now assembled, but I hit some troubles when looking at the weapons pylons. The one I'm planning on making, flies with 4 sidewinders, on place 1-2-8-9. I have been told. that these sidewinder are attached to a 16s210 attachment, which is supplied on the wing tips, great! But on 2 and 8m, there was no 16s210 in the kit, but something called a LAU129, which I've been told is for the AMRAAM missiles :) And I did'nt have have any spares. So I decided to convert til LAU129 to 16s210. I've taken a picture to show det difference I've made. (Still needs some sanding for the first one) :P 

y4mOV3gcKih3_660OmsebFvXaxUidrkRlVtx_qJz 

• Like 2

Update :)

Managed to get in good hour of work today ;) Here are som pictures.

The wheelpart, all to be painted insignia white later, and the exhaust i painted with vallejo metal exhaust manifold (It does look a bit bright, but that will be adressed later) I did however find out that not the entire piece is painted metal, but actually in top/buttom colors, so maybe it would have been easier just have glued it to the aircraft 🤔

y4mDnAOH8Mk7ZTk6I-StvKnRnpGDpZOEAuyeXKp0

A look from above, showing its goods :D The fueltanks, missiles and bombs have been painted. Not that many days ago, I said to myself, remember to paint the tips of the bombs yellow before green. Naturally I forgot, so thats gonna be a fun one later :P

y4mxqPGhH0a86reLJWIPjFmynaMGwzppv5A3q2mz

The underside has been painted with humbrol 64, It was preshaded, but not much is visiable now, but more in reality than on the photo.

y4mhWACHAl8DbS_TG8we4MFyjhTG_7-mPK9f907O

• Like 2

Nice work! Italeri made a booboo with the horizontal stabs though - as molded these are too much forward. The Block 15 extension should protrude beyond the trailing edge of the airbrakes, not be level with them. The trailing edge of the airbrakes should be level with the "corner" of the tailplanes. 

Perhaps you're still able to correct Italeri's oversight.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:43 AM, trickyrich said:

all looking very nice!!! :thumbsup:

Painting is always the best part. Don't worry I always forget about pre-painting bits like bomb tips etc! :doh:

I turned out allright i think - pictures later :)

On 7/14/2021 at 9:13 AM, Hook said:

Nice work! Italeri made a booboo with the horizontal stabs though - as molded these are too much forward. The Block 15 extension should protrude beyond the trailing edge of the airbrakes, not be level with them. The trailing edge of the airbrakes should be level with the "corner" of the tailplanes. 

Perhaps you're still able to correct Italeri's oversight.

Cheers,

Andre

Thank you. Oh, I did'nt know that. I think I'll leave it as it is, have come a bit to far in the progress to fix i now, but will be remembering it for the next f-16  :)

• Like 1

New update to my f-16.

The paint is now on, the paint on outer pylons was still a bit wet when these pictures were taken. 

I has been painted with a mix of Humbrol, AK realcolours and model master paint. 

y4mOb8CLeodTHbfmvtBtwb7-dMKiELtp0_DyUp_4

y4mnZubA4OlYCwbnTPmDNQLMvY8R1KflsWCS5LkR

y4m5VFfHXuySOYIZ_8Xn2HBbfUdGqAzaw4JOCcVY

y4m97Y_XVpSmMMmhqR2BHQw43o6PqdowSUr4mWks

• Like 4

So I'm calling it done.

Despite not being the best kit I've ever made, I really enjoyed building this kit :D

I could'nt have made it without help from my friend, who just know so much about colours, armament and so on. 

It is the first F-16 I have ever made, but it will not be the last (well for this GB it will, there are other kits awaiting ;) )

Here is a picture of the finished model, more in the gallery very soon 😎

y4myZO40DCz_ZIX_1oZD8pHduYELstZdAGV85cLW

• Like 6

• fmichelsen changed the title to Italeri 1/72 F-16 A RDAF - Finished :)

Well done!!!! :thumbsup:

That was a nice quick build, and what a super finish you have gotten on her, looks superb! 

I hope you enjoyed the build, glad you could join.....and remember you still have plenty of time to build another one....or 2....or .... :D

• Thanks 1

Well done!!!! :thumbsup:

That was a nice quick build, and what a super finish you have gotten on her, looks superb! 

I hope you enjoyed the build, glad you could join.....and remember you still have plenty of time to build another one....or 2....or .... :D

Haha yeesh! But I just started on my 109 in that GB, so I'm not sure if it is possible to make another one.. or two :P :D

• 4 weeks later...