IPMS Avon Modelling and Wargaming Show, Sunday 8th August 2021 - currently is " ON"!

neilh

Our show committee met last night and subject to the Covid restrictions ending on July 19th, with nothing remaining either from government or the hosting venue itself that would effect the " normal" operation of a model show, we have decided to proceed with the IPMS Avon show for 2021.  Details as below will be going out to the clubs and traders with booking details very soon.  Interest is very high already with many traders moving their bookings from last year to this, so fingers crossed the outlook will not change between now and July 19th and we will be able to proceed in August as planned. Since we at IPMS Avon will have limited opportunities to meet as a group before the show, there will have to be a few changes from the usual format as listed below, but we are really looking forward to giving everyone the great time we think our community deserves after the months of lockdown and restrictions.

Dear Model / Wargaming Club, Trader,

IPMS Avon and Lincombe Barn Wargames Society have decided that despite the continued uncertainty around indoor events being able to take place that we will in anticipation of the restrictions being lifted on 19th July, go ahead and run our combined modelling & Wargaming show on Sunday 8th August.

It will be a big challenge for us in a very short space of time to organise everything, but it is possible. Below is a list to assist us in organising the show and to let you know the planned format.

·       Be as quick as possible in returning your booking forms

·       Please inform us even if you will not come to display / trade

·       Please inform us if you have to cancel attending

·       Traders, pre-payment is still required to secure your booking

·       Trade table price is frozen at 2019 prices

·       No make and take for children

·       No competition

·       There will however be awards for best model club display and best demonstration and best participation game

·       Cashless payment on the door

·       Possibility of cancellation depending on on-going or future government restrictions

·       Full refund to traders if the show can’t take place because of government restrictions

·       Any persons not feeling well should not attend the show.

I hope we are fortunate in being able to run the show and I look forward to welcoming you all to a long awaited show on Sunday 8th August.

Regards

Andy White

Chairman IPMS Avon Model Club.

• Like 5

Many thanks for your hard work and I look forward to joining you all on the 8th.

Let's hope for no further problems and we can all enjoy the day.

VERY much looking forward to this one. If you've not been, it's easily the biggest one-day model-show around....

See everyone there. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

Fantastic news, fingers crossed no one changes their mind!

Nice early start and really look forward to seeing people again!

Neil

Including myself, there are five positive comments - but frankly, I wouldn't take that as meaning only 5 people will go.

Unless something happens between now and 8th August to stop the show going on, which I devoutly hope won't happen, I imagine that more will go than you expect.

For a start, there's the war gaming bods who I'm sure find the modelling side as interesting as the modelling bods find the war gaming side. 

1 hour ago, Cyberduck said:

Just out of interest. How many people are actually planning to go to Thornaby for this show?

Nobody I hope!!

But Thornbury, yes! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can see it being a very busy show after how long it's been since we've had one lol,, but obv depends on what if any restrictions there are in place by the venue.. But looking forward to it 

I would take an educated guess that, in much more normal circumstances, the show is attended by between 500 and 800 punters. Then you have the traders and Club members on top of that number. Possibly 1,200 plus people? 

Will be interested to see how busy it is this year (multiple body-parts crossed!)

Chris.  

We'll be there with the EBMA Hobby & Craft Stand.  It'll be newly extended so that we can show off all the new items we've added to the range over the last eighteen months.