Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck

Just sneaking in a quick update. I’m about to apply the decks. I’ve (hopefully) already prepared them in terms of cutting up the Scaledecks to fit, so it should be a straightforward job(!).

I’ll hopefully post some more pictures tomorrow.

Night all,

Guy

3391-B782-C199-4527-AA5-F-67-D0-B3-C97-C

• Like 9

• Gisbod changed the title to Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck

Decks on!

Still required a bit more trimming and had to fill a couple of gaps with infills but looks ok. One word of warning - I must have missed a small patch of  deck with the varnish and I went to wipe off a small blob of glue (Gorilla Wood Glue - worked very well) and it takes the printing right off. I had to cut out that section and glue in a replacement. But I can’t notice it now, so no harm done.

Apologies if the pictures are getting a bit repetitive, but I have limited angles to photograph from due the size. Let me know if you’re getting bored!

Guy

1-BC9984-A-AD44-43-C8-AFEA-F51-AEACE7-DC

01-EFF855-4704-415-C-A02-B-29704-D88-AF1

E2-DD7-F73-F604-4-D1-C-88-E6-8-B4-D88563

C13-EF67-A-BC9-D-4-BD1-B877-8-F8290-A6-A

Ps. I’m quite pleased with the bridge glazing, best I could do with the thickness of the plastic, but looks way better than the kit moulded window recesses.

BE6189-D9-83-F1-4631-80-E7-85-AD1-BB66-C

• Like 19

• Gisbod changed the title to Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck *Decks On
7 hours ago, Gisbod said:

but I have limited angles to photograph from due the size.

Gidday Guy, I would have thought something that size you could climb aboard and take photos from any angle you like 😁.

Seriously, photos from the same angle but different stages of the build allow for good comparisons and progress reports. 

And it's looking very good. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Thanks again,

On 9/24/2021 at 9:20 PM, Iceman 29 said:

Do you plan to apply a light weathering?

Basically, no Pascal. I think the shading adds enough of a weathered look for my tastes. I’ll probably do a little more here and there on the hull perhaps. 

It’s got a pin wash for the detailed recesses, but even that’s grey so doesn’t stand out too much.

Guy 

Edited by Gisbod
  • Like 2

• Gisbod changed the title to Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck
27 minutes ago, Gisbod said:

Hello all,

Having a bit of a life event domestically at the moment, so there may be a bit of a gap, hopefully back soon.. 

Thanks,

Guy

Life must come first, you take care.

Jon

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thanks all 😃

Just got divorced Pascal.. it seems to have taken forever. I’ve been renting so no chance of modelling - I’m moving into a permanent home next month - don’t fret, it has a garage come workshop! It’ll take me a few weeks/ months to get sorted/ decorated then normal service will hopefully resume. Bissie is still on my old bench gathering dust… hopefully she’ll dust down.

Amazing how much I’ve missed the therapy of modelling… 😔

Guy

• Like 13

12 hours ago, Gisbod said:

Amazing how much I’ve missed the therapy of modelling… 😔

Sure you will get back right into it when the time is right Guy until then keep your head up and start planning the build ahead both modelling and in real life.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the divorce, been there, done that. However it usually ends up better in the long run, just takes time to get there!

Ian

• Like 2

• 10 months later...