H&S Evolution Silverline - Weird problem

armored76

Thanks @Weedlesketch that's interesting to see.  My H&S Ultra 2in1 is a 2017 model so they're more "groovy, man" now, mine doesn't have the seals on the caps either, though there does seem an appropriate recess!   This spare parts diagram from H&S is more useful than the one in the instruction book which misses some bits out.   Most notably the gland 123471 and its PTFE seal 123450 (there is a similarly secret only-shown-on-parts-diagram-but-never-in-the-instruction-book-seal on other H&S models), which I've found does occasionally need cleaning out if the needle is sticking and everything else is clean - it can be full of manky crud/paint/thinners, though its happened less since I gave up on the blow-back method of cleaning which obviously forces said mank back up the tube alongside the needle inside the body of the airbrush to set as an unholy lump of gunk. 

I bought a cheap slightly-used but given up on by the owner Evo2in1 as he found it didn't spray well for him and went to A.N.Other Brand.  Having previously found the secret-gunk-seal on my Ultra,  I checked to find the similar seal inside the Evo turned out the same problem - unscrewing the gland and a clean up in thinners and it was perfect! 😍  Now my preferred brush as it came with a pinch cap, whereas I found the only problem with the Ultra is the 3-hole cap has a tendency to collect paint that can then splurt onto the model.

Hope this is of interest to all H&S users, there are similar full spare parts diagrams for all models on the H&S website.

Happy spraying and cleaning.

Cheers

Will

• Like 3

They changed the marking system in 2019 I believe. Not only on the nozzles, but on the needles too. Also the taper of the needle seemed slightly different to my eye when I compared the old vs the new, but it could just be my impression.

Side-note: the Infinity tail fits the Ultra and it works as intended (and I'm 99% certain the Evo quick fix tail will also fit) if anyone is interested. Tried swapping the part last week with a friend's Infinity. I've also ordered the CR Plus internal screw (for the triple seal) and will try fitting that to the Ultra.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmwh548 said:

They changed the marking system in 2019 I believe. Not only on the nozzles, but on the needles too. Also the taper of the needle seemed slightly different to my eye when I compared the old vs the new, but it could just be my impression.

Side-note: the Infinity tail fits the Ultra and it works as intended (and I'm 99% certain the Evo quick fix tail will also fit) if anyone is interested. Tried swapping the part last week with a friend's Infinity. I've also ordered the CR Plus internal screw (for the triple seal) and will try fitting that to the Ultra.

At this rate your Ultra is going to end up like Trigger's Broom!

• Haha 1

Well I'm not about to shell out the money for an Evo or an Infinity tail, they cost roughly half of the Ultra's "new" value, but I was just curious to see if it works on it.

On the other hand I'd be quite chuffed if the triple seal trick works, I'll let you know when the package arrives.

Honest opinion: the upgrade to the 2 prong nozzle covers is brilliant, but if you also start adding the quick fix tail and other stuff you might as well just get an Infinity from the start.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bmwh548 said:

Well I'm not about to shell out the money for an Evo or an Infinity tail, they cost roughly half of the Ultra's "new" value, but I was just curious to see if it works on it.

On the other hand I'd be quite chuffed if the triple seal trick works, I'll let you know when the package arrives.

Honest opinion: the upgrade to the 2 prong nozzle/ covers is brilliant, but if you also start adding the quick fix tail and other stuff you might as well just get an Infinity from the start.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the triple seal trick?

Edited by Weedlesketch

The part arrived today and I tried it on. As you can see it's only slightly bigger in length, but the cavity goes deeper on the CR one. It fits the Ultra just fine  and the needle chuck spring is strong enough to make the needle slide easily through the 3 seals. It's a very cheap upgrade, but in the long term pretty useful IMHO.

s5NPZhq.jpg

gkHSqAF.jpg

nNeovrH.jpg

egCEDZE.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Grrr.. having replaced the obviously knackered nozzle.... its happenned again.

I was trying to be so gentle when inserting the needle into the nozzzlr, but it appears I was not gentle enough at some point.

I guess I'll have to stop removing the needle to clean every time as this oud get expensive.