Modelsvit Yak-9TD in 1:48

Here some pictures of my latest build: Modelsvit Yak-9TD in 1:48. Built it OOB without any aftermarked parts. For painting I used Hataka Colors from their Orange Line.

comp-YAK-9-37.jpg

comp-YAK-9-3.jpg

comp-YAK-9-1.jpg

comp-YAK-9-7.jpg

comp-YAK-9-11.jpg

comp-YAK-9-5.jpg

comp-YAK-9-12.jpg

comp-YAK-9-14.jpg

comp-YAK-9-23.jpg

comp-YAK-9-28.jpg

comp-YAK-9-32.jpg

comp-YAK-9-18.jpg

comp-YAK-9-31.jpg

comp-YAK-9-34.jpg

comp-YAK-9-26.jpg

comp-YAK-9-36.jpg

comp-YAK-9-35.jpg

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mathy,

your Yak came out really excellent, well done 👍 May I ask how you've weathered the upper surfaces? And what do you think about the kit? Anything to watch out during the build?

Thanks!

Cheers

Markus

That's a winner Mathy!   Typically beautiful work from a master modeler!!  I wonder how this kit compares to the ICM 1/48 Yak 9T?  I have that one waiting in the stash.

Thanks for your latest posting!  🍺 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi Mathy,

your Yak came out really excellent, well done 👍 May I ask how you've weathered the upper surfaces? And what do you think about the kit? Anything to watch out during the build?

Thanks!

Cheers

Markus

Thanks Markus,

Weathering was done with black and brown oilcolors with different brushes and airbrush. Further I used the AK weathering pencils.

The quality of the kit is ok, but reach not the high standard of the amaizing Mirage III/2000 by Modelsvit in 1:72. The Bf 109 series looks also better to me. Fit is also ok, but it is not possible to build the Yak without any filler. 

Edited by mathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yak 9 canopies always look vertically squashed in model form, but they were such in real life. Their brothers 1, 3 and 7 seemed to have more expansive greenhouses, all arriving from the beautiful I - 26 prototype, such as they were. 

Nice to see modern Yak renditions that do not have overscaled spinners, unlike those of ten years ago. 

Nicely done. She's a beauty.

Edited by Major Flannel

The model wears your signature! Your models seem to like very much wet ground!🤣Cheers.