Delux Materials 'Looks Like Glass'

petetasker

Just wondered if anyone has used this stuff on their transparencies and is it any good? Any problems masking up a canopy once its been dipped and dried? Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I have not used it myself as I prefer to polish, but @Steve 1602 just used it in his recent 109 build. I'd say "Looks Like Glass" "Looks Like It Works". Check it out here.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235094404-eduard-148-bf-109g-4-r6-trop-finished/&do=findComment&comment=4109840

Steve might also chime in with some comments.

Ray

• Like 1

Thanks Ray! 
yes I thought it was really easy to use and made a difference to the transparency. There was no problem with masking using vinyl masks and the small amount of glue residue I found  on one section came off easily with a toothpick (without scratching). 

I also airbrushed it as a gloss coat (added a few drops of water and it behaved pretty well). I did think it remained a little tacky when airbrushed, so I handled with latex gloves, but there were no problems with decalling and I had no silvering at all.

It’s good stuff 👍

It did a great job on hiding some crazing in a vac canopy. I brushed it on after the canopy was painted and mounted. Quite happy with it in this usage.

I tried it as a pre-coat under Mr Color (a solvent-based lacquer). That didn't work as the Looks Like Glass coating because quite rubbery and picked up under masking tape. I had to strip the canopy and start again.

10 hours ago, dnl42 said:

It did a great job on hiding some crazing in a vac canopy. I brushed it on after the canopy was painted and mounted. Quite happy with it in this usage.

I tried it as a pre-coat under Mr Color (a solvent-based lacquer). That didn't work as the Looks Like Glass coating because quite rubbery and picked up under masking tape. I had to strip the canopy and start again.

Cheers Mate

18 hours ago, Steve 1602 said:

Thanks Ray! 
yes I thought it was really easy to use and made a difference to the transparency. There was no problem with masking using vinyl masks and the small amount of glue residue I found  on one section came off easily with a toothpick (without scratching). 

I also airbrushed it as a gloss coat (added a few drops of water and it behaved pretty well). I did think it remained a little tacky when airbrushed, so I handled with latex gloves, but there were no problems with decalling and I had no silvering at all.

It’s good stuff 👍

Many thanks