1/32 Blackburn Buccaneer S.MK2 resin/aluminium kit

This is a large kit of the Buccaneer and is garage made; this is only for experienced modellers'. There are no decals supplied but separate decal sheets can be purchased from kitsworld. All parts are supplied for a basic kit. Modellers' who want to purchase this kit, should register their interest here or send an email to : [email protected]

Alan

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oh b****r 

I don't need two. I don't need two. I don't need two. Erm, give me some time to save up haha.

Have you made up any extra ordnance for the Bucc? 

Cheers,

WV908

WV908,

What extra ordnance are you referring to? Presumably, some of the ordnance on the Phantom would be interchangeable with the Buccaneer? I have made some mods  to the airframe and was working on a new cockpit but the global crisis shutdown the supply line and since I rely on special materials from abroad, there is still a long delay before things get back to normal.

Alan

On 7/9/2021 at 5:57 PM, Icelandic Fine Art said:

WV908,

What extra ordnance are you referring to? Presumably, some of the ordnance on the Phantom would be interchangeable with the Buccaneer? I have made some mods  to the airframe and was working on a new cockpit but the global crisis shutdown the supply line and since I rely on special materials from abroad, there is still a long delay before things get back to normal.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Sorry I missed this, but I was thinking of things to complete a Gulf War fit. All my spare missiles from Phantoms are going onto two Tornado F3 builds sadly.

Cheers,

WV908

21 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Hi Alan,

Sorry I missed this, but I was thinking of things to complete a Gulf War fit. 

I don't know what weapons fit was used on Tornadoes, I know they carried cluster dusters as we called them, on Granby, one of our convoys was bombed by a Tornado, as we tried to RV with it. I do recall seeing laser guided bombs loaded on them and they would fly with the odd Buccaneer, they would fly quite low over our section as we crossed the wadis, we were quite use to seeing this on a daily basis. I will admit, I never liked seeing any of our equipment, especially aircraft, painted in desert cam. One of the problems with the desert colour system was that some of the paints had different infra-red wavelengths and that caused a lot of problems, especially with US forces who couldn't always tell the difference and would bomb a lot of our positions, when using their infra-red systems and thermal imaging. Operational policy stated that units were to request clearance before executing any strikes on unidentified positions but there was often a breakdown in communication.

Give me a list of ordnance carried and I will look into it

Alan

• Like 2

Thanks Alan,

I'll have a good look into what was carried (and cross reference it with what you supplied in the kit) 

I didn't know you served during GW1 and I've not heard an account like yours before (I tend to focus on the Scud Hunter side of it) . It certainly puts it into perspective how scary it was.

Cheers,

WV908

(I'm still having no luck replying to your emails sadly)

• 1 year later...

The re-release of the FAA Buccaneer with parts also for an RAF version is due for October. This is the newly modified version based on the original design; a new type of polymer (resin) is used in place of the aluminium/resin composite, that is both lighter and stronger and is cast in all white. Both the airframe and wings have been modified, with a host of CAD 3d printed parts, new landing gear and bays, the modeller will have to source their own steel rods to reinforce the landing gear; CAD 3d printed designed cockpit and 2 part canopy. Selection of ordnance.

This is a garage kit and as such is only suited to proficient modellers.

Alan

• Like 5