1/72 De Havilland (HS) Trident 1E all resin kit

This is the 1E version of the Trident; this kit is for experienced modellers' only and is a garage made kit. The inside has a rough finish to it, there is no cockpit and no decals. There is a clear resin windscreen and clear resin cabin windows; the cockpit resin windscreen section, will need to be removed by cutting out and then inserting the clear resin section. Those interested in buying this kit, can register their interest and or send an email to: [email protected]

The cost of the kit is £120, which includes postage.

Alan

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Spoke at length with Alan at MK today. I have been authorised to state the following. No pictures until I sort out a new posting host.

The Trident and BAC 111 are both still in development. Alan was working with Mel Bromley over production and release, but is now trying to secure a co-operative deal with another kit manufacturer to move ahead with these and other projects.

He had the development Seamew there plus he is looking at producing 1/27 scale British iconic cars, with several solid bodies to view.

He is still working on previous projects, with re release of the big Buccaneer and a 1/48 Vulcan B Mk1. Some new 1/32 projects are still in development like the Sea King.

Alan has been quite ill for a time, but is now getting back into things. He has not posted as certain parties have historically 'had a go' at his stuff, and he doesn't want to get banned with a forthright reply. Also he is operating from Iceland again but the internet there prevents him from accessing Britmodeller directly

Be patient, and more goodies will appear, but he wants to get things right, and that can take time. I will post updates as I get them.

I have his email address if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I don't often come in this part of the forum and judging by the lack of comments, not many others do either, but the choices of development by Alan are superb, they really need to get into the rumourmonger section where more people visit. This looks incredible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, woody37 said:

I don't often come in this part of the forum

Me neither - and I agree, the model looks fine to me. I want one (though I hope the price doesn't go up too much!). The Trident is about the tail-end of my interest in jet airliners - the all begin to look the same from about then. Well done on the model-work.

• Like 1