Tim's Airfix Beaufort - COMPLETED

Joining you with the recent Airfix Beaufort.  A lockdown purchase from my local model shop.

Airfix-Beaufort.jpg

Parts,  to which a lot of interior green has just been applied.

01-parts.jpg

Planning to build this option.

02-option.jpg

And my only previous Beaufort,  this Encore model, built 1994.

Encore-Beaufort.jpg

• Like 9

You’re gonna love this kit Tim, take your time with it and get it right. The Encore build looks great too and a comparison photograph of the two models sitting side by side will highlight what great work Airfix has done to capture the beautiful lines of the Beaufort. 
Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

This kit is so nice (I have a feeling I may have mentioned this before!) and it's great to see plenty of them being built.  I hope you enjoy your build as much as I did mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re right about not seeing much of the inside, however that glazed nose section let’s a lot of light in and is very visible once fully assembled.  Looks great so far. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 weeks later...

Engines finally fitted.  That and the cowlings, far too complicated for their own good.

My props will have a 1mm shaft right through the engines and rear bulkhead, and be removeable.

20-Engines.jpg

But persevered, and finally able to start airbrushing, Revell 59 in this case. 

A little more green that the Humbrol equivalent - but was available on my bench.

25-R59.jpg

• Like 7

Well done Tim, that’s turned out into a cracking Beaufort and nice to see how good it looks in comparison to the ‘other’ classic Beaufort kit which dates back to 1963. So glad the Airfix designers got this one right. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1