Jagdpanther "314", Normandy, July 1944

I don't know what's going on, but I commented on someone else's dio WIP and I'm certain I commented on this RFI, but my comments seem to have disappeared. So, I'm commenting again, here, at least lol.

I enjoyed your WIP immensely, amazed by the speed at which you were producing some top-notch work and loving all the little added details. 'Little' added details really do make a HUGE difference. So, I've looked at your photos here AGAIN, and this time it was the broken glass in the window that caught my eye. It looks totally realistic. You obviously looked at photos of real broken glass. I can't always search for such images so I have to throw my TV through our windows to get a good idea of what they look like when smashed.

Seriously though, I can't fault a single thing, or give any advice. It's a perfect dio, and your figures and jagdpanther are way better than I could ever do!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, TonyOD said:

This is my first foray into the dioramas section, and this is just stunning. Now I'm going to scurry back the relative safety of the aeroplanes bit.

PS can I ask what that yellow thing is hiding in the attic?

Cheers Tony! I also went back to planes after this because Tamiya's P-38 was too good to not build!

The yellow thing is a Jurassic Park sign, which I put there for no real reason other than it was available and I found it funny :D 

On 9/26/2021 at 10:13 AM, Roberto said:

A great overall work, and those soldiers...they look alive!

Thank you Roberto, that is very nice to hear as my figure painting leaves a lot to be desired.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:47 PM, Badder said:

I don't know what's going on, but I commented on someone else's dio WIP and I'm certain I commented on this RFI, but my comments seem to have disappeared. So, I'm commenting again, here, at least lol.

I enjoyed your WIP immensely, amazed by the speed at which you were producing some top-notch work and loving all the little added details. 'Little' added details really do make a HUGE difference. So, I've looked at your photos here AGAIN, and this time it was the broken glass in the window that caught my eye. It looks totally realistic. You obviously looked at photos of real broken glass. I can't always search for such images so I have to throw my TV through our windows to get a good idea of what they look like when smashed.

Seriously though, I can't fault a single thing, or give any advice. It's a perfect dio, and your figures and jagdpanther are way better than I could ever do!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder, for the comments/tips and for following along. I had a few options for the glass: ready made broken glass for models (too pricey), broken microscope slides or glass phone covers (hard to keep glass particles/dust contained) or cutting clear styrene into shards and glueing in place which is what I did here. Thanks again for all the kind words!

2 minutes ago, VinBizz4786_ said:

Amazing work ! The building, the tank, the crew, the whole diorama ! everything is perfect ! Congrats 

Cheers mate!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely stunning diorama, all the elements are fantastic pieces of modelling.

I am particularly impressed with the attention to detail on the inside of the building. An incredible piece of work.

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2021 at 12:16 AM, redcap said:

The build, composition and overall presentation (burst pipe is masterful!) is just superb; great dio mate!

Gary

Thank you Gary - glad you appreciated. The composition was something I spent a fair bit of time on as I didn't want it to look like a tank & some figures just dropped on to a base. I tried to tie them all together with the base, each other and the ruined house.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:28 AM, Paolo Tarantino said:

Masterpiece

Stay safe

Paolo

Thanks Paolo!

On 12/1/2021 at 8:54 AM, Gordon J said:

Absolutely stunning diorama, all the elements are fantastic pieces of modelling.

I am particularly impressed with the attention to detail on the inside of the building. An incredible piece of work.

Thank you Gordon!

1 hour ago, Remus389 said:

I've enjoyed looking at all the pictures. Cracking job! 😎👍🎖️

Thank you Remus!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...