Aces high - Not just 30 but 32 signups yay!!!

Marklo

Hmm you might have to add my name to this list.

In a moment of future passion and joy, I just jumped on a pre-order for Zoukei-Mura's new 1/32nd Bf-109G!!! :wub:  

The main scheme will be for Hartmann's Bf-109G-14...... I think he might be an Ace!     Plus you even get a wee Hartmann to go with it. :D

• Thanks 1

Just as a nudge, I have a book about Canadian  'Screwball' Beurling that includes details of his actions over Malta and elsewhere. Also quotes a lot of Spitfire codes and serials he flew. If anyone is interested drop m e a line in the PM section.

• Marklo changed the title to Aces high -at 24 for ‘23
On 1/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, trickyrich said:

I think he might be an Ace!  

Eh yes I think he scored more than 350 victories and is the highest scoring German fighter pilot and possibly the highest scoring pilot of all time, but I could be wrong :) 

Little known fact afair a Sopwith Camel is the highest scoring fighter btw.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Only six more members needed and I think this would make for a cracking GB, personally I’ll be building some of my WWI stock, probably a Camel or two and some Albatri, I will probably build Richthofens Halberstadt if the GB gets off the ground.

• Marklo changed the title to Aces high -at 25 for ‘23
  • Marklo changed the title to Aces high -at 26 for ‘23

Can l put my name  down please  .This is easy  for me so many  Ace's  in the 8th and 9th AAF  to choose  from  .

Cheers  Wellzy 

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Aces high -at 27 for ‘23
  • Marklo changed the title to Aces high -at 28 for ‘23

Put me on the roster please, what’s not to get excited about all the aces in the same places. 
I have a few Luftwaffe and RAF WWII options

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Aces high -at 29 for ‘23 c’mon guys you know you want to….

Don’t forget Panzer aces count too so we could have Michael Whitman or Otto Carius’s AFVs, Whitman started on Panzer IVs before getting a Tiger, Carius started on Panzer 38(t) s ( or was it 35(t) not sure must check the book) then tigers and ended the war in a Jadgtiger. So there’s plenty of scope for armour. 

Edited by Marklo

I'd like to join in with a F-86 Sabre if I can find transfers for the aircraft flown in Korea by James Jabara or Joseph McConnell.  Plenty of other possibilities of course, to make it a bit less conditional.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just thinking; we can add in the Ukrainian Aces now

I know the 'Ghost of Kyiv' MiG 29 is just a representation of all the Ukrainian pilots fighting the Russians but that kit(s) would be good contender for this

add in JosephLalor and we have 30 !

Let the Lord Enzo, Keeper of the Gee Bees, know so we get into the Big Bun Fight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Aces high - Not just 30 but 31 signups yay!!!

@Marklo of course you're being childishly impatient! :lol: I don't think @Enzo Matrix gets the Reports though, so you were barking up the wrong tree. I could do it for you, but that's his bailiwick.  He has been summoned by this message though 🧛‍♂️

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Faith sure and begora how'd I miss this GB? . Sign me up Marklo I know I can find a subject or three for this build:yahoo:

Careful, his head might explode from excitement! :boom:

• Marklo changed the title to Aces high - Not just 30 but 32 signups yay!!!

Early in my career I worked in the jet engine overhaul, business. The management decided to bring in an employee award system whereby high performing operators were given the title Ace until it was pointed out that an ace was normally someone who had brought down five aircraft…..

Any hoo on to the Bunfight, should we make it through to 2023 I will be building Richthofens Halberstadt DII and probably Carius’s Panzer 38(t) ( especially as I now have masters made for all the suspension and running gear :) ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...