Spray Booth suggestions

Hutch

Mornin' all

I'm about to buy a spray booth and need some advice.  When looking on the site named after a large river I can see that there are several collapsible booths at a range of different prices (£70 - £200) BUT they all look the same.  Does anyone have any suggestions why, and which would be the best/most value for money?  I don't have the budget for much above £140.

Any other suggestions for booths and/or places to buy would be appreciated.

Ta muchly.....

Hutch

I've bought 2 of these (from different companies) but they're all very similar. I think the only main difference is that some include lighting and some don't. I have my own lighting arrangement so got mine without lights.

Why 2? Well after buying the first one I found it a little too small for working comfortably with larger models (e.g. 1/72 B-17). The second one just clips onto the first making a double width booth.

The two I have are from Expo and Voilamart. When purchased, the Voilamart was the cheaper of the two but the fan motor is noticeably quieter. 

I think they do a pretty good job for the money - you'd need to spend significantly more to get to the next level of performance.

Cheers

Colin

32 minutes ago, ckw said:

I've bought 2 of these (from different companies) but they're all very similar. I think the only main difference is that some include lighting and some don't. I have my own lighting arrangement so got mine without lights.

Why 2? Well after buying the first one I found it a little too small for working comfortably with larger models (e.g. 1/72 B-17). The second one just clips onto the first making a double width booth.

The two I have are from Expo and Voilamart. When purchased, the Voilamart was the cheaper of the two but the fan motor is noticeably quieter. 

I think they do a pretty good job for the money - you'd need to spend significantly more to get to the next level of performance.

Cheers

Colin

Many Thanks Colin

Like you I'm a little concerned with the size, and the ads on Amazon don't seem to be consistant with their dimensions.  Some say 48cm wide and 42cm deep, and others are 42cm wide and 48cm deep.  I build 1:48 so would tend towards the slightly larger one if I can guarentee the blurb.

Hutch

Just now, Hutch said:

Many Thanks Colin

Like you I'm a little concerned with the size, and the ads on Amazon don't seem to be consistant with their dimensions.  Some say 48cm wide and 42cm deep, and others are 42cm wide and 48cm deep.  I build 1:48 so would tend towards the slightly larger one if I can guarentee the blurb.

Hutch

Or even two at £70 and clip them together as you have done.... Just need to check how much space I have....

29 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Some say 48cm wide and 42cm deep, and others are 42cm wide and 48cm deep.

Mine are both 48 deep and 42 wide. I suspect this is the size for all of them and someone got the dimensions mixed up in the blurb.

I don't think it would be difficult to extend the depth with some cardboard if necessary.

Cheers

Colin

10 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

A few years back we bought a useless Apple Mac, however the box it came in was pure gold! 

41765271784_e71afa1642_b.jpg

I'm saying nothing about the Mac.... 😉

I'm currently using an old cardboard house-moving box and as I am just reorganising my garage/workshop, feel it's time to take the plunge and find something I can vent outside.

Hutch

6 minutes ago, ckw said:

Mine are both 48 deep and 42 wide. I suspect this is the size for all of them and someone got the dimensions mixed up in the blurb.

I don't think it would be difficult to extend the depth with some cardboard if necessary.

Cheers

Colin

Cheers Colin

It's always best to check and not rely on onscreen data.

Hutch

Hi Hutch 

Take a look at these Aircom units some under or slightly over your budget.  These are quality units not your cheaper Chinese rip offs, the 17 & 38 versions can be siamesed by buying the addon unit, both are the same size just extra extraction power.  If you could stretch your budget, even by delaying purchase to save, I'd recommend one of these  yes expensive in comparison to Aircom, but these are top quality units and it will be the only booth you'll ever need. 

Aircraft is top notch supplier run by martian, drop him a line if you've got any questions.