1/72 Vickers VC10 C.MK.1 (new design) Resin Kit

A new design of the VC10, RAF version, at the moment there are no decals but I am working on other options. Most notable problems with the previous design was numerous: problems with wings, nose shape, windscreen, cabin doors, vertical stabiliser, engines, tail section and undercarriage; since then, I have developed new technologies and new materials to provide a superior result. 

I have used the VC10 at RAF Cosford, as the basis for my design, which is an excellent example on display. I had access to the wings, so I was able to pen the correct panel lines which is difficult to get right, to say the least.

Whilst all the main work is now complete, I have booked an appointment with the laboratory to have it laser examined, for correct alignment and symmetry, this will happen in 6 weeks time.

The VC10 is my favourite big Brit aircraft, with all the glory and elegance of a fine lady. I was ferried around on a few occasions, once to the Falklands and other destinations, courtesy of the RAF, always a smooth flight.

Therefore, I have made an unusual effort of getting this out for the few modellers' out there, who want something unusual. Please note that this is a garage made kit and so is rough on the inside and is only for experienced modellers'. The kit comes with a clear resin cockpit windscreen, correctly shaped, with windscreen wipers and clear resin cabin windows. I will upload photos as soon as they become available.

At the moment, I am holding to a price of £129 including postage, which I think is a good price for such a large kit. For those interested in buying this kit, you can register your interest via message or send to my email: [email protected]

Alan

• Like 2

• 7 months later...