MiniArt 1/35 T-54-2 1949 full interior

10 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Hi, Rob

I don’t know what paint you use, but I can recommend Mr.Metal Color series metallizers. I like them very much, I didn’t notice any flaws. I really like the fact that they are buffed. And they suitable for brush.
Here is Pak40 ammo painted with that paint:

spacer.png

Vytautas

thanks - i used MiG Ammo bronze - VERY transparent... may have a look at the ones you mentioned as have 2 more full interior builds to do

Mr.Metal Color works quite well. Another two methods which I like for convincing brass are: Rembrandt metallic oils over a matte base or a metal colour toned with a post-shade of Abt 502 metal pigments. These methods are quick and allow shading to be introduced if wanted, which is handy for visible stowed items.

30 minutes ago, Ade H said:

Mr.Metal Color works quite well. Another two methods which I like for convincing brass are: Rembrandt metallic oils over a matte base or a metal colour toned with a post-shade of Abt 502 metal pigments. These methods are quick and allow shading to be introduced if wanted, which is handy for visible stowed items.

do you mean the bras sin:

https://www.greatart.co.uk/talens-rembrandt-artists-oil-colour.html

• 1 month later...

lots of progress on this, just no photos. Turret, gun breach, hatches, fenders and one set of tracks done. Not much left before I need to paint the turret interior to allow more building - just not sure if I will get that far before my enforced modelling hiatus in December.... Will try to take some photos so you can see all the parts before paint 

Great doing so far.

I will watch your build carefully, since my 54 is waiting. I am also on MiniArt  interior kits present on the Panzer IV Ausf. H. 

Are you satisfied with the quality?

Are color options called in instruction ok?

Just to learn from a fellow a little.

Good luck anyway!

Happy modelling 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dov said:

Great doing so far.

I will watch your build carefully, since my 54 is waiting. I am also on MiniArt  interior kits present on the Panzer IV Ausf. H. 

Are you satisfied with the quality?

Are color options called in instruction ok?

Just to learn from a fellow a little.

Good luck anyway!

Happy modelling 

quality (fit) is really good... some of the thin pieces do snap so have to take it slowly... colour call outs for the interior seem ok - only 1 (gun breach) seems to be a touch vague but references show it as 4BO Green

• Like 1

Just got a Ryefield Panzer IV and Takom Jadgpanther.Pretty daunting when you open the box and faced with all that plastic.But looking at it I've convinced myself it's just a lot of small parts the sprues 🤣

The level of sharp detail on these kits is mindblowing now compared to my old Dragon kits, which at the time I thought were state of the art then

• Like 2

On 22/10/2021 at 17:38, colin said:

I have a feeling Ryefield-Miniart- Takom-Border are related somewhere, they seem to release the same kits, slightly different but the same in many ways

I know what you mean when they seem to be releasing similar kits at similar times like the Stug III with full interior that both RFM and Mini art however the kits are completely different so it must just be coincidence. 

I remember the golden age of 2018/19 when both Meng/Tacom/RFM were releasing Panthers with full interiors at the same time, before that it was Kingtigers from Meng and Tacom. 

Edited by Jack Klugman

• 2 weeks later...

Turret interior parts all added apart from the sight mechanism... Need to weather it of course. Not happy at all with the rear ammo rack but dont think you will see much once the upper half is on (leaving the roof removable

IMG-20211107-210153.jpg

IMG-20211107-210141.jpg

IMG-20211107-210233.jpg

IMG-20211107-210243.jpg

• Like 10

quite a bit of progress this weekend. Turret interior weathered, upper turret added to lower (leaving roof off to see "some" detail.... dont know if I will get any more done before the Christmas break (lose modelling area for all of December) but next is the second run of tracks... also included some better shots of the hull interior

t54-1.jpg

t54-2.jpg

t54-3.jpg

t54-4.jpg

t54-5.jpg

t54-6.jpg

t54-7.jpg

• Like 7

most likely the last build session of the year sees me end with this (plus both track runs)... new year should see the final details added then time for painting (aim next year is to (1) clean my airbrushes and (2) get more proficient at using my airbrushes)...

IMG-20211122-131137.jpg

IMG-20211122-131147.jpg

IMG-20211122-131157.jpg

• Like 8

2021 building has ended but it has been a good year... spent a few hours deep cleaning the 2 airbrushes (god they were in an awful state). Lets hope cleaning them and learning to thin properly will help me improve my airbrushing in the next 12 months

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, LeeM said:

Coming along nicely. You have done a good job on the interior. I have 2 interior kits but they fill me full of dread each time I think about attempting them.

thanks for that... the interior (if they are miniart) goes well if you take your time and make sub assemblies... my biggest bug-bear with MiniArt is their flimsy wheel attachments.... You can't put them on and leave them as you can with a nice 5mm prong in a hole type.... I need to get in to the habit of drilling & metal rodding them I guess