MiniArt 1/35 T-54-2 1949 full interior

20 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

thanks for that... the interior (if they are miniart) goes well if you take your time and make sub assemblies... my biggest bug-bear with MiniArt is their flimsy wheel attachments.... You can't put them on and leave them as you can with a nice 5mm prong in a hole type.... I need to get in to the habit of drilling & metal rodding them I guess

My interior kits are Ryefield Tiger 1 and Takom Kingtiger. But may be just beyond my skill set at the moment. 😞

• Like 1

a breakthrough.... imagine if you thin paint it sprays better... who'd have thunk it.... ammo 4bo thinned 50:50 with ammo transparator.... can even see some of the highlight!!!!!!!!!

IMG-20220115-155000.jpg

IMG-20220115-155004.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

after a very long time staring at this one (ok did matt varnish it a while ago) started on the bits and bobs left... first off wooden log for rear and fuel tanks added....

IMG-20220421-190508.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, robw_uk said:

I officially hate bronze paint.... sitcky, doesn't cover well... hate it I tell you....

need to touch up & weather this - all major parts just placed for fit testing....

IMG-20210831-195256.jpg

IMG-20210831-195312.jpg

Hi Rob, my best advice on the booze/brass is try MrColor Burnishable metallic's. I've found it to be the best and polish's up really well with something like a cotton bud. No need for a thick coating which can produce problems with fit of parts etc.