MiniArt 1/35 T-54-2 1949 full interior

if I thought I was mad doing the Wespe with a load of add-on PE and tracks, I am now starting this.... full interior T54-2 1949... I hope to be able to do it justice, some of the other interior builds I have seen is what are driving me on....

so far I have just opened the box and panicked... need to label all the sprues I guess before starting

IMG-20210626-173027.jpg

IMG-20210626-173031.jpg

IMG-20210626-173045.jpg

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Hamden said:

Looks interesting Rob mind if I follow along?

Stay safe               Roger

the more the merrier Roger... can't officially start until July 1st as it is for a campaign elsewhere but do need to label everything otherwise I will spend hours looking for sprues...

• Like 1

Looks promising. Will be sure following this one.

Don't worry about the number of sprues - their number will go down fast.

Majority of the manufacturers, I believe, put most of the similar subbuild details on the same sprue,

so mainly you'll be dealing with a 2 or 3 sprues at the time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vaoinas said:

Looks promising. Will be sure following this one.

Don't worry about the number of sprues - their number will go down fast.

Majority of the manufacturers, I believe, put most of the similar subbuild details on the same sprue,

so mainly you'll be dealing with a 2 or 3 sprues at the time.

unfortunately Miniart are not "most" manufacturers. they tend to spread there stuff around sprues!!

• Haha 1

I have this one in the pile of “I’d love to start this kit, but have too many that need to get finished first”.  O’ll definitely be watching with interest!

And I love Miniart kits, but they certainly don’t follow the subassembly rule with sprues!  I’ve been working on a T-34/85 for months longer than I normally would because you have ti have ALL

of the sprues handy and I don’t have the available space on a regular enough basis.

• Like 1

thanks for the encouragement guys...

broke it out tonight and started with the engine.... first page done (21 left)

IMG-20210701-211104.jpg

IMG-20210701-211129.jpg

IMG-20210701-211112.jpg

• Like 11

the modular nature is taking shape. I am adding parts with same colour to main bits, then will paint other parts on the sprue before attaching... so need to work out how to pay 8,345 shells (or however many).... 

the air pump(?) pipes broke in to multiple parts but are attached and hopefully wont be too visible

IMG-20210703-171739.jpg

IMG-20210703-171731.jpg

IMG-20210703-171836.jpg

• Like 7

progress...all still dry fitted. So far so good, just a couple of breaks but they are OK once in situ.... really need to start painting - going to prime all grey, airbursh the large parts (sides/bulkheads/engine/floor) an dthen brush paint the detail... 

IMG-20210710-173259.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

havent forgotten this build. I might be able to prime it over the bank holiday weekend I will have to see. At the very least I have started marking up the priming scheme I need (combination of black for darker colours and grey for the white)

I officially hate bronze paint.... sitcky, doesn't cover well... hate it I tell you....

need to touch up & weather this - all major parts just placed for fit testing....

IMG-20210831-195256.jpg

IMG-20210831-195312.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, robw_uk said:

I officially hate bronze paint.... sitcky, doesn't cover well... hate it I tell you....

Hi, Rob

I don’t know what paint you use, but I can recommend Mr.Metal Color series metallizers. I like them very much, I didn’t notice any flaws. I really like the fact that they are buffed. And they suitable for brush.
Here is Pak40 ammo painted with that paint:

spacer.png

Vytautas

• Like 1