Polikarpov I-16***FINISHED***

PeterB

All the bits are on so it just needs a coat of varnish to finish it off.

DSC05370-crop

I dont know if the fuselage stars were added after the slogans or if the slogans were painted round them - probably the former. It's a nice little kit and probably somewhat better than my old Revell one, though as that was scrapped in the last century I cannot really compare them. Looking at the above pic I can see I need to do a little touching up - as ever. I believe that they were originally painted in quite glossy colours though they faded fast. The thing sticking out of the spinner is not a gun - it is what I think is called a "dog clutch" for use with a Hucks starter. Both Russian and Japanese aircraft had them for a period, as indeed did some of the old RAF and US biplanes between the wars.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2

Hi Pete. Wow!! And it's almost finished already! And it's looking superb! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished photos in the Gallery! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished!

DSC05422-crop

It is a nice little kit and other than the rather complicated front end I have enjoyed it.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 3

• PeterB changed the title to Polikarpov I-16***FINISHED***

Hi Peter. Another fantastic entry in the Gallery. Lovely job. And it's always nice to hear when someone has enjoyed a build. Very well done! :thumbsup:

Thank you for building it in this GB too.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Looks terrific Pete

There's another Blitzbuild coming up, this would be a great one to attempt to do, off to the stash for a good look.

Thanks for the tips on colours as well as this is always a challenge for me.

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat,

If I could find where I have put it I have the ICM Ki-27 somewhere. Bit bigger than the I-16 but very similar to build I suspect. Some interesting colour schemes as well. I may have a look for it later.

Pete

• Like 1