Academy Countach

rs2man

Does anyone know anything about the 1/24 Academy Lamborghini Countach ? It retails for £17.99 , which seems very cheap but I have no knowledge of the kit and don't want to get one if it's actually rubbish .  

3 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Going by Scalemates it is a rebox of an old Tamiya kit. So going by Tamiya standards it should be ok but a bit clunky and dated.

Jinx! :tease:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Going by Scalemates it is a rebox of an old Tamiya kit. So going by Tamiya standards it should be ok but a bit clunky and dated.

I remember building the Tamiya kit back when it was current.  As I recall it turned out OK by my brush-painted standards of the time.  As it was a motorized kit the engine detail was limited to a representation of the top of the carburettors and camshaft covers.

I think the Lamborghini experts on here have pointed out some inaccuracies or features that are specific just to one type of Countach, but if you want what is basically a kerbside model of possibly THE poster car of the 1980s then it sounds like good value to me.

• Like 1

I did build the Tamika version of the LP400 against all advice (apparently every other 1/24 kit is better than this one), but I was really happy with the results. The engine fills the bay so much, that Even with my minor detailing, it still looks good. Only downsides were the pop up lights were a bit fiddly and the wheels are smidge on the small side

heres my WIP thread:

• Like 1