Revell Cruise Ship aida Completed

Well, that was a marathon. 😀 Finished at last, Revell 1/400 cruise ship Aida Blu.
Been at this for approx 12 weeks, I wasn't expecting too much in the way of parts fitting together as a couple of other Revell models I had problems with, however I was surprised there was not much problem with this.
It takes up too much room at 63cm length 18cm height on my shelf, I'll need to ask the wife if I can put it on the sideboard in living room.
I'm waiting on a custom made clear acrylic display case for it. 

51266863683_092e165c2d_b.jpg

51267712645_e917c8ee88_b.jpg

51266863913_05b6b7158e_b.jpg

51267412414_5524ef1f15_b.jpg

51266863628_98dd853286_b.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Wow! That is a fabulous--and big--build! :clap2:

Very colorful too! I guess the decals didn't give you too much of a problem.

Decals are usually the worst for me but they were OK until I tipped over the bottle of microscale set😢

• Sad 1

You've made a nice job of that. Not my favourite type of ship, this could have been quite elegant if they hadn't added the top three decks to it. Nothing wrong with your work though, it has come up very nicely, heck, I even like the hull graphics. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MickE said:

Great job looks like the real one that I saw docked in Italy when I was on a cruise.

Yeah, I also seen it in Italy docked near the cruise ship I was on. Real thing was mahoosive. 

• Like 1

If the real thing was mahoosive, what do you call the size of that!? Really well done there though, I've been tempted by this but it's a bit too colourful for my tastes and I couldn't do it the justice you have. One minus point though, you need to expedite the shipping on that display case as the cat seems to have a certain liking to your hard work.

David

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

If the real thing was mahoosive, what do you call the size of that!? Really well done there though, I've been tempted by this but it's a bit too colourful for my tastes and I couldn't do it the justice you have. One minus point though, you need to expedite the shipping on that display case as the cat seems to have a certain liking to your hard work.

David

I seen the Aida in Italy, standing next to it in the harbour it looks enormous, I though the cruise ship I was on (Discovery 2) was big, quite small compared to the Aida. 

Stored away from the cat until case comes. 🙀😊

Beautiful though I would be very nervous if one of my cats was that close to a model.  Last time one of them tried they trod on it 🥵.

I only wish that someone would make models of the current range of P&O cruise liners such as Britannia or Azura.  To my eye they are the most elegant of all of the current liners as despite being tower blocks on steroids, they don't look it as much as some of the others.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Beautiful though I would be very nervous if one of my cats was that close to a model.  Last time one of them tried they trod on it 🥵.

It's now stored in a display case so cats can't touch it. 🙀

Fantastic job Frank!

I have this on my desk and a couple of the 1/400 QM2’s to do.   O idea when I will find the time but you’ve really made me want to start this.

Impeccable build!

• Like 1

On 05/07/2021 at 22:06, BluesModeller said:

Frank, can you tell us more about the display case?

I also have cats who’d love to sink my ships!

Mine was custom made by "Striking Displays" 

3mm case internal 710mm x 170mm x 230mm high, 6mm black base1. They recommend you leave a 25mm gap all round model. The above one cost me £98.00 inc' post/packaging, it was a big box stuffed with bubble wrap and other protection. They were very helpful, let them know the size of your model and they will advise you. https://www.strikingdisplays.co.uk/

Aida Case

HTH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FrankJ said:

Mine was custom made by "Striking Displays" 

3mm case internal 710mm x 170mm x 230mm high, 6mm black base1. They recommend you leave a 25mm gap all round model. The above one cost me £98.00 inc' post/packaging, it was a big box stuffed with bubble wrap and other protection. They were very helpful, let them know the size of your model and they will advise you. https://www.strikingdisplays.co.uk/

Aida Case

HTH

Great, thank you!

That seems a pretty reasonable price including p&p.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, FrankJ said:

I tipped over the bottle of microscale set

Who hasn't?  😤 That's why they put it in those tall bottles - to make us buy more of it. 😤

The liner is a lovely model to be proud of but such an ugly vessel to my eyes. I thought they still looked like the QE2...

Edited by Bertie Psmith