Hasegawa 1/48 HAF F-16CJ Blk 50

13 hours ago, darthspud said:

Nice HAS F16, the kinetics are hit or miss but a cheaper alternative (at least in UK) are the Italeri late versions. They are re-boxed Kinetic kits with slightly different weapon sprues and markings.

I was not aware the Kinetic F-16s were re-boxed by Italeri. I built the Italeri 1/48 F-16D ages ago, it was okay but really soft on details compared to the Has kit.  The early single seat Kinetic F-16s had a noticeably drooped nose area which copped a lot of stick when they were released. Their  later 2 seat F-16s were much better, detail wise on par with the Tamiya kit but with poorer fit and their surface was a little grainy in comparison, still quite good though and all those lovely weaps!

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:09 PM, darthspud said:

Nice HAS F16, the kinetics are hit or miss but a cheaper alternative (at least in UK) are the Italeri late versions. They are re-boxed Kinetic kits with slightly different weapon sprues and markings.

Ok I did see there are two Italeri release that are re-boxes of the Kinetic vision, F-16C "Barak" & F-16DG/DJ, they might be worth a look if the price is right!!  (gee that'd be a good name for a TV show!! :D...... ok I'll go!).

easiest way to tell is if you can , look at Scalemates for sprue shots.

The Kinetic kits and reboxed versions all have a pair of  sprues with a single tailplane, 2 x AIM120 & an Aim 9X along with an ejection seat on each.

It's how i have so many spare seats, as Kinetic put the same sprues into their 1 & 2 seaters, and most of mine are 1 seaters.

Edited by darthspud
typo

On 7/21/2021 at 6:29 PM, darthspud said:

easiest way to tell is if you can , look at Scalemates for sprue shots.

The Kinetic kits and reboxed versions all have a pair of  sprues with a single tailplane, 2 x AIM120 & an Aim 9X along with an ejection seat on each.

It's how i have so many spare seats, as Kinetic put the same sprues into their 1 & 2 seaters, and most of mine are 1 seaters.

Good to know

• 1 month later...

G'day people,

Sadly this one didn't get to the finish line in time.

In my defence I have been out of the country for the last two months and have finally cleared quarantine with a clean bill of health,but still too late.

The last thing I had to do was to replicate the  two small bumps at the wing root on the upper fusleage

DSCN8056.JPG

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/e66/Opsiras/DSCN8055.JPG

The jet is now ready for painting.

Also, I am looking for an Aero-5B pylon adapter (the adapter that fits directly underneath the aircraft pylon) that the AGM-88 is directly attached to. If anyone has a spare Tamiya adapter (Part E8) I can give it a good home. I do have a 1/48 Tamiya F-16 kit but unfortunately it is the 'aggressor' boxing so does not include the AGM-88 and launcher.

PM me directly if you can help,

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy
  • Like 3

haha you wouldn't believe it, I went an looked in the tub I keep all the leftover bits for builds, first bag I pick up I see the wee little bugga's I think you're after!!!

They were tagged E7.

These are what you're after?

IMG_6253-M.jpg 

If so PM me if you're still after them, and I can send them off to you....that's if they'll let anything in form over the border in NSW!!!  :bleh:

On 9/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, trickyrich said:

haha you wouldn't believe it, I went an looked in the tub I keep all the leftover bits for builds, first bag I pick up I see the wee little bugga's I think you're after!!!

They were tagged E7.

These are what you're after?

IMG_6253-M.jpg 

If so PM me if you're still after them, and I can send them off to you....that's if they'll let anything in form over the border in NSW!!!  :bleh:

Thanks very much Rich, PMsent

G'day people,

Still plodding along. I managed to get the undercarriage painted today

DSCN8075.JPG

Mick E also kindly sent me his resin exhaust as it was incorrect for his kit. I have made a start on that as well'

DSCN8078.JPG

DSCN8077.JPG

DSCN8076.JPG

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 4