1:32nd scale Ponnier M.1

Hi all,
I thought you might like to see my 1:32 scale build - the French Ponnier M.1, Serial No:18 ‘Le Vampire’ of the Aviation Militaire Belge as flown by Abel de Neef from the Ten Bogaerde (Koksijde) airfield in 1915. 

The model build in the forum is here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235093786-132nd-scale-ponnier-m1/&tab=comments#comment-4116386

The basic kit is resin and made by ‘Planet Models’ (Kit No: PL253).
The list of changes/additions to the model are:

Engine:
Detailed with Nickel-Silver valve push rods and copper wire ignition leads.
Modified or corrected:
All wing and landing gear struts were replaced with made Brass tube struts with internal reenforcing Brass rod.
The lower wings had 1.0 mm diameter Brass rods added to give adequate support at the fuselage.
Rigging is 0.08 mm or 0.12 mm diameter mono-filament with ‘GasPatch’ 1:48th scale turnbuckles and 0.5 mm or 0.4 mm diameter blackened Brass tube.
Animation of the ailerons, rudder and elevators achieved by cutting out with Brass rod supports.

Aftermarket additions:
‘Xtradecal’ parallel black stripes (XPS1),
‘Aviattic’ CDL aged varnish (ATT32094),
‘Lukgraph’ Dark Plywood (DEC004) - from their Friedrichshafen FF.33L kit (32-30).
‘Wings Cockpit Figures’ Pilot adjusting goggles - (LSK02).
‘GasPatch’ 1:32nd scale Lewis MK.1 Stripped Half Heatsinks.
‘Model Scene’ Wetland Middle (F011). 

As usual I've created a downloadable build log in Adobe PDF format, for those who might want to refer to it for reference or build details.
It contains full step by step descriptions of the model build, its modifications/changes and is also supported with illustrations and photographs.
If viewed in Adobe Reader, each build log has book marked chapters/headings for easier navigation through the log.
My model website has the gallery page, so to view any model, go to the gallery (in my link below) and select it.
If it has a PDF build log, it will be available to download using the 'PDF' icon on that models photo's page.
For any photograph, just click the photo to enlarge or reduce the viewing size.

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Sandbagger
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Somehow I haven't seen your work before but it and the photography is superb. 

The Ponnier M.1 definitely falls into the you ' learn something new every day' category. If the pilot is anything to go by it's a tiny bird and probably quite twitchy to fly. 

Looks good though.