Deuce and a Half

Hobby Boss 83832 1/35

US GMC CCKW-352 Wood Cargo Truck

My latest build is this 2.5 ton 'deuce and a half' truck, which went together quite nicely and was an enjoyable build.

The cargo is from a couple of Tamiya accessory sets.

I would still class myself as an amateur with lots more to learn, but I think this is my best one yet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Hi Trevor,

the result is very good IMHO, I really like the dusty look of the vehicle, and the lower mud touches.
One suggestion could be to have done with a mask, the areas where the wiper blades pass, clean, and another suggestion, everything being very well "fitted" in the back of the truck, try some more color, different, not just olive, I think that having a variety of colors, it would attract more the attention of the vehicle and break the monotony of green ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

This is really fantastic model Trevor. Weathering is fantastic, especially mud and dust. I like how wooden planks turned out as well. It does not look like the work of an amateur at all :)

As Francis already mentioned, my only suggestion would be to add some variety to the stowage area, it does look too neat.

Cheers,

Nenad

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Trevor,

the result is very good IMHO, I really like the dusty look of the vehicle, and the lower mud touches.
One suggestion could be to have done with a mask, the areas where the wiper blades pass, clean, and another suggestion, everything being very well "fitted" in the back of the truck, try some more color, different, not just olive, I think that having a variety of colors, it would attract more the attention of the vehicle and break the monotony of green ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

2 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

This is really fantastic model Trevor. Weathering is fantastic, especially mud and dust. I like how wooden planks turned out as well. It does not look like the work of an amateur at all :)

As Francis already mentioned, my only suggestion would be to add some variety to the stowage area, it does look too neat.

Cheers,

Nenad

Thanks for the comments. 

The cargo is loose, not glued in place, so I could repaint it for some colour variety. 

• Thanks 1

Nice work Trevor

As already mentioned, ref the screen, an easy fix would be to moisten a thin paintbrush with thinners and carefully remove the paint in arcs where the wipers would clean the screen

• Like 1

Nicely weathered, subtle use of mud in the wheel wells, personally I think a good example of less is more. I agree with the other comments, varying the colours of the load gives more contrast, but still very nicely done and definitely not an amateur. Cheers.

• Like 1