Special Duties Hudson! 1/72nd SH/ Revell Hudson, 161 (SD) Sqn **FINISHED***

12 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a cracking looking model Tony looks lovely fella.

Great work

Chris

Cheers Chris,..... it is nice to be doing a model of a subject that I`ve wanted to build for a long time.  

3 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

That colour scheme suits it very well. Another cracking build.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor,..... I have to build a Lysander to sit next to it now!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

just tell me when you start and I’ll bring the beer.

Trevor

Will do Trev,...... I have that new Dora Wings kit somewhere.

5 hours ago, AliGauld said:

That's just gobsmackingly beautiful. 

Can't wait to see what you can do with a Lizzie.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,.... well it would be rude not to use that sheet that you sent to me for a few more ubjects eh? 

3 hours ago, woody37 said:

That's looking great Tony. Not seen you on FB, are you banned again?

Cheers Neil...... yeah banned again,....... another 30 day stretch although I`ll probably end up with more days added,....... they don`t like the truth! All I said was that some woke loudmouth on the telly deserved to be shot down in flames as he was ranting on,...... BANG,..... 30 days instant ban!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Alistair,.... well it would be rude not to use that sheet that you sent to me for a few more ubjects eh? 

Cheers Neil...... yeah banned again,....... another 30 day stretch although I`ll probably end up with more days added,....... they don`t like the truth! All I said was that some woke loudmouth on the telly deserved to be shot down in flames as he was ranting on,...... BANG,..... 30 days instant ban!!  

I gave my Facebook account a huge clean a while ago so it's mostly cars & planes that occupy my feed now, much happier that way. The world is bonkers and I prefer not to engage in the sillyness!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, woody37 said:

I gave my Facebook account a huge clean a while ago so it's mostly cars & planes that occupy my feed now, much happier that way. The world is bonkers and I prefer not to engage in the sillyness!

I`m coming to the same conclusion mate,..... although I also use it to keep in touch with old Army mates and the FB STASI just don`t understand our sense of humour or language! 

Hiya Folks,..... well I`ve done the last jobs and finished the Hudson off! Thanks for your encouragement and of course a special thanks to Alistair for the decals,... cheers mate!

DSCF1488-NEW.jpg

DSCF1496-NEW.jpg

DSCF1493-NEW.jpg

DSCF1508-NEW.jpg

DSCF1514-NEW.jpg

DSCF1518-NEW.jpg

DSCF1499-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 20

• tonyot changed the title to Special Duties Hudson! 1/72nd SH/ Revell Hudson, 161 (SD) Sqn **FINISHED***
20 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Wicked Hudson Tony  and in record time too, great job fella.

Chris

Thanks Chris,.... glad you like it mate.

11 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

She's a real beauty Tony. 

No need for any thanks. I'm glad to see the decals used in such a magnificent manner.

When does the Lizzie start.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,..... thanks are indeed required mate,.... it was very generous of you. I`ll get on with a Lizzie as soon as I can. 

4 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Simply stunning Tony it's been a real pleasure watching you work your magic and learning something new very well done she's a beauty.

thanks for sharing as always

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn,..... glad you like it mate but I don`t know about learning much or magic mind you.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

I`ll get on with a Lizzie as soon as I can. 

I'll look forward to that one.

It's been a pleasure seeing your work on this. I thought that the Sunderlands gave you a bit of work but this was a masterclass.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

I'll look forward to that one.

It's been a pleasure seeing your work on this. I thought that the Sunderlands gave you a bit of work but this was a masterclass.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,..... yeah building that SH Sunderland was something mind you,.......... would make a glass eye cry that kit,..... but it was worth it in the end. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

That looks super Tony. I haven't done a good job of keeping up with this one since earlier on but really like it. A fine tribute to some bloody brave people. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve and you are not wrong there mate,....... bloody brave indeed.  

• Like 1

Tony,

That is a lovely finish mate. You've done wonders with a difficult kit, and a beautiful scheme to boot,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Tony

Taking a very difficult kit and producing this beauty is a little modelling magic in my eyes &  I'm now thinking of taking one of my numerous Airfix Hudsons out of the stash and making a half as good model as yours!

Never knew they were flown on special ops so that was a surprise and the Turret looks fantastic cant wait to see the Lysander mate

Keep those elves busy 😉

Eamonn

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Now that's a nice Hudson. She's a keeper! Great work as usual Tony.     👍

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill,........  glad you like it mate,

14 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Tony

Taking a very difficult kit and producing this beauty is a little modelling magic in my eyes &  I'm now thinking of taking one of my numerous Airfix Hudsons out of the stash and making a half as good model as yours!

Never knew they were flown on special ops so that was a surprise and the Turret looks fantastic cant wait to see the Lysander mate

Keep those elves busy 😉

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn,..... yeah shame it is such a hard kit to build,.......... the old Airfix kit isn`t bad but we do need a new one!  Glad you like the turret and that I`ve passed on some new info to boot.  The elves are busy don`t worry,...... Bristol fashion with a Beaufort, Brigand and Buckmaster.

19 hours ago, Dunny said:

Tony,

That is a lovely finish mate. You've done wonders with a difficult kit, and a beautiful scheme to boot,

Cheers,

Roger

Cheers Roger,....... yeah shame it is such a difficult kit to build as there are loads of Hudson`s that I`d like to replicate too. 

10 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Excellent result Tony, I do like the grey/green over black, very striking.

Colin

Cheers Colin,..... yeah it is a striking scheme, especially on something that you don`t expect to be wearing it. 

• Like 2