SAMI, MAM, SMMI June issues

WarthogMKL

I've given up on them. I've just taken out a subscription to Guideline Publications' SAM - six months for £27, can't go wrong, and I've previously I've been able to buy every issue from Smiths without any hassles even at the height of the pandemic.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DamnFockes said:

I've given up on them. I've just taken out a subscription to Guideline Publications' SAM - six months for £27, can't go wrong, and I've previously I've been able to buy every issue from Smiths without any hassles even at the height of the pandemic.

SAM has always been a reliable publication, Have every issue since Vol.1 No.1 :)

43 Volumes   :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KLN said:

SAM has always been a reliable publication, Have every issue since Vol.1 No.1 :)

43 Volumes   :)

That makes at least two of us! Sad thing is they appear to have virtually no monetary value (not that I have any desire to sell them although my wife has a different view of course). 

2 hours ago, Latinbear said:

That makes at least two of us! Sad thing is they appear to have virtually no monetary value (not that I have any desire to sell them although my wife has a different view of course). 

Your comment sounds remarkably familiar :)

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, Des said:

Notice that the blurb on Pocketmag for MA claims that Gary is editor for both that and SAMI , only six years out-of-date then.

I can assure you Gary is the editor of our Scale Aircraft Modelling  only... well he does also edit our two Railway Magazines  : )😇

• Like 1

Had sporadic magazine problems from late last year - then several  turned up at once, then no issues for over 3/4 months, initially I saw some for sale in WHS but no longer. Variously blamed on COVID, the post office, printers etc - I'm afraid all businesses rely on goodwill and as a subscriber to SAMI and MAM I won't be renewing my subscriptions again and have basically written them off which is a shame as SAMI in particular I thought was excellent. 

TT 

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, Random Username said:

Well just contacted them, they are processing my refund for 3x six months subs. No real argument which speaks volumes to me. 🤬😥

Hope your refund comes through - they did again to refund my subscription, as after 4 months I had not received a single copy. After 4 weeks of chasing the refund, I went through PayPal and after suppling a copy of the email chain, PayPal issued the refund.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Random Username said:

@1903flight I spoke to my card company seemed there was no fight they did say the mags would be back in the shops come august, not sure what has happened to June and July 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

I like your optimism! I suspect there is zero chance of MA Publications now putting out any print copies (the lack of editor, see above, might be something of a barrier!) The magazines that go on sale in August are cover dated September and we know that the editors only completed up to the August issues (which have not appeared, although my subscription copy of the August SAM arrived yesterday).

Edited by DamnFockes
additional information added
  • Like 1

The issues is that they simply have not communicated anything to subscribers for the June, July issues and have not updated us on the current situation (if there is one).

I have received nothing in terms of correspondence, not even the alleged email that Dave posted.

Without a social media presence or a simple email out stating they are working on any issues, its all very much a poor show. Surely they must have somone in PR to send out updates. If its simply a two person band, im sure its a difficult business to run anyway, especially if those two people are away from the 'office'.

I just cant see how this is business is sustainable as im sure im not the only one, but they have probably burnt too many bridges with us and potentially suppliers.

Edited by Hardtarget
  • Like 3

Hi, 

Probably like many other people, I am still awaiting a response to my email to MA Publications sent over a week ago. 

They seem to be avoiding any form of communication to it's customers and subscribers. 

A simple explanation on the website would be useful, but to ignore all the questions is well........ 

You get my drift. 

Glad those who asked for refunds got them, though with a bit of legwork from the individual. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have just had a reply from MW of MA Publication, following a second email to him regarding non-delivery of SAMI .

He states that "June and July issues will be with you early next week shortly followed by August"

He also states, " We apologise for the delays which have been caused by issues beyond our control."

So,, watch this space, if mine do turn up as stated, I'll post to let you know.