BIFF!......

I had intended to begin posting earlier but my last PC decide to leave for the great "PC World in the sky". Happily my new one

has now arrived so I can get on with showing this build. I'd decided I was going to build a Bristol F2b and chose Revell's 1/48

offering as the chosen kit. I believe this was originally an Eduard offering and the lovely moulding of the kit would seem to bear 

that out (although I could be wrong in which case - sorry Revell). Most of the week has been spent preparing the kit an painting

the smaller items - there are alot of those. I have however finally started sticking bits together the results of which are shown 

below. I am now ready to close up the fuselage:

20210623_101408

20210623_154104

20210623_154125

20210623_170856

20210623_170925

Please excuse the poor photos, I haven't got the new PC set up yet. Finally I'd like to say there's some great work

going on here with Beaus and Blenheims leading the way but I've a feeling the Bulldogs are the ones to watch.

Happy building everyone......

• Like 12

Great subject and a nice start.. the Biff is a popular subject too so let’s not have the Bulldog steal all the glory. 
Cheers and best of luck.. Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Despite not posting as often as I should work is still progressing with the pics a bit behind the actual progress. Here's the last lot I took after all

the filling and sanding which I haven't pictured as I know you are all too familiar with:

20210713_060703

20210713_060716

20210713_060753

20210713_060811

One really annoying thing which I should have realised is that I've had to remove the aileron control cable horns to allow me to place the decals.

Bit of a rookie mistake there but all's OK. She has since had three coats of Quickshine and decalling has commenced. More later.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3

I've thrown some time at this over the past few days and I'm really pleased with my progress despite my faux-pas - two of them to be

exact. after we last left her, she'd had three coats of Quickshine so decided it was time for some decalling. This is my favourite part of

the game so I was deep in concentration. First off were the wing roundels - faux-pas #1, the aileron control horns were in the way! 

For such small delicate parts it felt like I'd welded them on! Judicious use of some needle nose pliers persuaded them to take a short

holiday and the roundels went on safely. Built from the box  the aircraft has a code "J" on the upper wing. Concentrating hard to get 

the decal in place without damaging the delicate item all went well then I sat back to look at my work. Faux-pas #2 - I'd only gone and

put it on the lower wing which had to then be sanded back to remove the offending item (it was fixed solid thanks to Decalsoft! Anyhoo

after a coffee and some work I made a new letter from some white decal sheet and this is the result:

20210727_203850

20210727_203807

By and large the fuselage decalling went OK although the lower wing was a little fiddly to affix afterwards. Here's the results:

20210727_203654

20210727_203712

Although it's ready I've decided not to follow the instructions and I'll leave the cowl ring and propellor 'til last:

20210727_203935

Finally looking for some advice - don't know weather to do the undercarriage first or attach the upper wing - your input would be

much appreciated.  As an observation I don't think I've ever built a kit and gotten to this stage only to see so many bits still

left to be attached - good V.F.M!

Thanks for dropping by, hope my efforts aren't too bad. Until next time.

Edited by mackem01
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

OK so time for the once in a crab season update. I've done some touch up painting on the airframe and added more bits.

I've decided on naked bomb racks as I think it gives it something a little different:

20210812_065412

The biggest advancement was placing that upper wing into place though. I would try to position the wing for glueing only for

the first side to spring off when I was working on the other side. Starting to see my frustration, Mrs Mackem idly passed me a

couple of elastic bands from a package she'd just opened - would you believe it, they were absolutely perfect and just the 

right size to keep the wing in place and held tightly!

20210812_065302

20210812_065339

20210812_065319

And I don't think my home made 'J' on the upper wing is too bad either! This weekend (if allowed) I want to get most of the 

rigging done and hang some more bits and pieces onto her. So next update when progress allows,

Hope you like...

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...