This is the vacuum formed version of Welsh Model's Hastings modified with open doors and dropped flaps. The laser markings are of my own making with the addition of silk screen decals.

My first submission, be kind.

Vincentspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 72

35 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

surely this is 1/72

I was going to write that myself!  This is a masterpiece.  (Some) of us who build in the larger scale very much want a 1/72 version of this aircraft, and your work not only does the type justice, but serves as inspiration!  Great job.  Alex

That's absolutely stunning. I had to do a double take when I saw it is to 1/144 scale. Given the level of detail and the quality of the finish, as a photographic image, it was easily pass as 1/72 scale. 

Superb. 

• Like 1

Well it fooled me, it looks 1/72 with all those details and perfect finish. I haven't tried a vac form for more than 20 years as I do remember the effort required just to get the parts ready.

Well done!

Mike 

`Propper Job',...... WOW what a beauty and I love the scheme too,,.......... the best Hastings model I`ve ever seen,....... I do wish we had a mainstrem kit of this wonderful type.

Cheers

Tony

That is just superb and in tiny scale too! Well done Vincent!

I am halfway through the Formaplane 1/72 'kit' although it has stalled as I wrestle with the over-attenuated thinness of the wing to fuselage joints - perhaps i will get on with it again having seen your magnificent job.

Thank you all for the kind remarks and encouragement.

I was a long way off this result when I belatedly decided to open up the cargo doors and then realised that I had to cut the fuselage to fit a floor.

ebcfd867-92ee-4d1c-bf10-e38eca4d8f0e.jpg

34278da6-e9d7-4ded-b429-7928a64e362a.JPG

It was a critical move and it might have ended up as another unfinished, might have been. Now I am so pleased that I kept going with it, especially in respect of your comments.

Vincent

• Like 8

• 6 months later...