Airfix Club Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" schemes?

TonyOD

Anyone got or built the Airfix Club boxing of this kit? Just that the box and the Scalemates entry give two scheme options, surrender markings and US markings, neither of which I fancy particularly. On the other hand the instructions downloaded from Scalemates give four options, including a rather more up my street overall dark green. Anyone confirm what decals are in the box? Ta. 

The club boxing ONLY has the two options, the surrender and the test unit markings. The original boxing, from which the moulds were taken, has 4 marking options. I have the club kit, and made the kit up in the silver test unit markings. Scalemates does not have every single set of instructions sadly, and they will reuse instructions from other boxings of the same kit. Just checked the page, and the information is incorrect about which markings are included in the Airfix Club kit. It states there are 4, when in actual fact there are only 2. The club kit markings were supplied by kits world decals (if I remember correctly) and only appeared in the club kit.

Edited by treker_ed
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for.the clarification all. I’ll scout out what a/m decals are available I think. I’ve amassed enough Flying Hours to make membership worthwhile.

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

Thanks for.the clarification all. I’ll scout out what a/m decals are available I think. I’ve amassed enough Flying Hours to make membership worthwhile.

ROP and Print Scale have B5N-specific sheets, and Rising Decals have some in one of their still available Donated Birds part 3; they used to have more but they are out of production now. I only have the Rising Decals and I would recommend it; the others haven't made it into my stash yet. 

Edited by Fukuryu
Link corrected.
  • Thanks 1

Sorry. @TonyOD, I was wrong re: the Rising Decals sheet. That one has only B5N1; the B5N2 are in other, out-of-production, sheets (that I also have and mixed them in my mind ). I hope ROP and/or Print Scale work for you.

• Thanks 1

Print Scale PRS72-172

Includes
1. B5N1 Unit: 1st koku kantai, 4th koku sentai Serial: DI-362. Ryujo carrier, 1941.
2. B5N2 Kate Skokaku carrier, participated in the raid on Peal Harbor, 7th December 1941.
3. B5N1 Unit: 1st koku kantai, 3rd koku sentai Serial: CI-301 The Zuiho carrier. Early 1941.
4. B5N2 type 97 model 3 Unit: 1st koku kantai, 1st koku sentai. Serial: AI-316. Pilot - PO2c Yuichi Takizawa. Akagi carrier. Pearl Harbor raid, On 7th December 1941.
5. B5N2 type 97 model 3 Unit: 1st koku kantai, 1st koku sentai Serial: AI-311 Pilot - Lt.Commander Shigeharu Murata. Akagi carrier. Leader torpedo-bomber group at Midway.
6. B5N2 type 97 model 3 Unit: 1st koku kantai, 1st koku sentai. Serial: AI-307. Pilot - PO1c Shigeo Suzuki. Akagi carrier. Pearl Harbor Attack, On 7th December 1941. First wave. Its torpedo hits USS Oklahoma.
7. B5N2 Unit: 261st kokutai. Serial: Tora-310 The a/c in colours of the Flight Leader. 
8. B5N1 Unit: Kanoya kokutai. Serial: ?-314. Circa 1941.
9. B5N2 type 97 model 3 Serial: 301 The a/c in which Cdr. Mitsuo Fuchida led the first wave of Japanese aircraft to attack Pearl Harbour on 7th December, 1941.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:21 AM, treker_ed said:

The club boxing ONLY has the two options, the surrender and the test unit markings. The original boxing, from which the moulds were taken, has 4 marking options. I have the club kit, and made the kit up in the silver test unit markings. Scalemates does not have every single set of instructions sadly, and they will reuse instructions from other boxings of the same kit. Just checked the page, and the information is incorrect about which markings are included in the Airfix Club kit. It states there are 4, when in actual fact there are only 2. The club kit markings were supplied by kits world decals (if I remember correctly) and only appeared in the club kit.

My club boxing has 2 sheets of decals. One sheet for the Us / Surrender markings and one sheet for what I assumed was the normal boxing of the kit.

y4mngwl0BlHYIcfPIuhE1XmvRO_AecKBISLTu2XI

The instructions have an extra double sided sheet with the surrender / US paint scheme on it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Tucker said:

My club boxing has 2 sheets of decals. One sheet for the Us / Surrender markings and one sheet for what I assumed was the normal boxing of the kit.

y4mngwl0BlHYIcfPIuhE1XmvRO_AecKBISLTu2XI

The instructions have an extra double sided sheet with the surrender / US paint scheme on it.

Something strange then. Mine only had the two. In fact I had two sets of the kit markings. On the Airfix website it only shows the two markings as well, and not the original markings.