Meng MkV Male w/interior and bonus 3d printed mini dio of the dio.

I struggled to find a creative way to display the interior of this one. Then i thought why not make 2 dios in one (well 3 😁) so half is portrayed how it would potentially look back in 1918 and half in how it would look preserved as a museum exibit. 

Its a great kit, a long one so i broke it up with other builds but if youve got the will to tackle it id highly recommend it. 

Mk V Male as it would be in 1918 and in a modern day museum complete with 3d printed dio of the dio. Mk V Male as it would be in 1918 and in a modern day museum complete with 3d printed dio of the dio. Mk V Male as it would be in 1918 and in a modern day museum complete with 3d printed dio of the dio. Mk V Male as it would be in 1918 and in a modern day museum complete with 3d printed dio of the dio. Mk V Male as it would be in 1918 and in a modern day museum complete with 3d printed dio of the dio. Mk V Male as it would be in 1918 and in a modern day museum complete with 3d printed dio of the dio.

• Like 47
  • Thanks 4

Hi RedFive,

It is a magnificent job! Everything is very well done.
I love figures, (my black beast ...), and the idea is very intelligent, because you see the best of two worlds, something similar to what I have done with some of my models (T35 and "Chaffy"), for one side side skirts, on the other nothing ...
By the way, the "little one", where did it come from ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi RedFive,

It is a magnificent job! Everything is very well done.
I love figures, (my black beast ...), and the idea is very intelligent, because you see the best of two worlds, something similar to what I have done with some of my models (T35 and "Chaffy"), for one side side skirts, on the other nothing ...
By the way, the "little one", where did it come from ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

The little dio? I 3d printed the gank and made the base 

• Like 1

Great idea to cut up a section of the tank and show the interior. Execution of the model itself, the figures and the environment is masterful as usual. Once again I am impressed by your skills.

• Thanks 1

What a crazy idea - magnificent! I love unusual model presentations. And superbly realised models like this one, of course.

• Thanks 1

Love the ideas here and my favourite touches are the tiny tank display model on the museum side along with the usual do not touch/enter sign. It’s a reminder that what we are in museums had a life of their own and a story to pass on. 

I don’t care how long it took you - the end result was worth every second and drop of sweat.  That has to be prize winning. Bravo 👏 

• Thanks 1

On 12/07/2021 at 03:59, Maginot said:

Clever idea, well realised.

Thanks, twas a bit of a beast of a kit....not in the same level as the meng bradley with interior thankfully but itll be a while before i try my 1/24 typhoon put it that way. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/07/2021 at 10:13, Buzby061 said:

Beautifully done & a very imaginative setting.

Pete

Thanks, was a bit of a love hate relationship but came together ok in the end. Gotta add a base to it at somepoint and a plaque 

• 1 month later...