Sabre F.4  4 Squadron RAF  Airfix 1/48

Calling this one done - the new 1:48 Airfix Sabre in the boxed 4 Squadron option. Straps were stolen from an old Eduard F86 set I forgot I had. Paints were all airbrushed Humbrol Enamels, weathering was a mixture of dry brushing, a Flory black wash and Tamiya weathering pastels. Left the tanks off this one to show the lines of the airframe better. Loved the kit and build so much another two are on the bench plus a shed load of the new Eduard sets - 3 and another 4 Squadron machine next. Quite happy for any comments good or bad - hope it’s of interest.

• Like 56
  • Thanks 1

Definitely of interest to me. The Sabre is one of my favourite jets and your model is a beautiful rendition of it. Nothing to criticize here, that is a stunner!

Richie

• Thanks 1

What the others have said....the Sabre is a beautiful weenie cooker in any colors and markings, but is even more so in the RAF scheme. Well done! What markings will the other two have?

Mike

6 hours ago, 72modeler said:

What the others have said....the Sabre is a beautiful weenie cooker in any colors and markings, but is even more so in the RAF scheme. Well done! What markings will the other two have?

Mike

Hello mate. Planning on the 3 Sqn option from the kit which is just lovely plus another 4 Sqn machine from an old Xtradecal ‘4 Squadron’ sheet.

1 hour ago, loloskymaster said:

Very nice! As a Sabre fan, I love your's!

Have you got the references of the colors?

Great build. 

Lolo

Hi I did it as per the kit instructions if that’s what you are asking after reading a comment on here from @Sabrejetthat the kit markings for the 4 Sqn option were correct.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony Edmundson said:

nice job, like the others had said; there's not much to critique here. 

The one thing I would have done is paint the wingtip/tail  nav lights.

Cheers, Tony

Cheers Tony Do you know I’d forgotten all about them - since corrected.

I like it very much and the paintwork is really convincing. The model is still missing in my collection. I hope mine would only be as good as yours. Very nice.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, petetasker said:

Hi I did it as per the kit instructions if that’s what you are asking after reading a comment on here from @Sabrejetthat the kit markings for the 4 Sqn option were correct.

Thank you. The colors are perfect!

• Thanks 1