Hiya folks,

Whilst I'm busy working on my entries for the Unarmed and Bf 109 STGB GB's, I thought I'd best start the firing pistol on my entry for the Bristol GB.  The only potential contenders I had in the stash were the new Airfix Beaufort or the Airfix Beaufighter so I decided to opt for the latter as it's been there the longest.  I'm sure most people will be familiar with this kit and I know that others are building the same kit for this GB so it will be interesting to see how they all turn out when complete.

So to kick us off - here's the very familiar box art of the kit:

DSC01028

I've always loved the box art for this kit and was always drawn to the scheme portrayed - there's just something about the colour of the EDSG with the invasion markings that just makes the aircraft so eye-catching.  So therefore that's the scheme I've opted for as seen in more detail below:

DSC01037

Next up are some shots of the sprues - beautifully moulded and crisp with lovely engraved panel line detail:

DSC01030

DSC01031

and the clear parts:

DSC01034

So that's all for now.  Will hopefully make a start on her soon.  Really looking forward to this build as it's always been a kit in the stash that I've wanted to build so this GB just provided the perfect excuse - not that you need one :yahoo:

So good luck with your builds everyone - there looks like there's going to be some crackers and I'm loving the variety so far 👍

Best wishes

Kris

• Like 7

I've got this same kit in the stash and I've been seriously considering to give it a go this year after the Nordic II GB.

Seat taken.

Good luck and good fun.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, PattheCat said:

I've got this same kit in the stash and I've been seriously considering to give it a go this year

Better still, rip it out now and join us here for all the Bristol fun. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

It's indeed really tempting to insert a Beau between the Connie in the Unarmed GB and the Mustang planned for Nordic II, Dave.

Problem is I build one or two kits at the max each year.

I'll finish the Connie then we will see (I'd also have liked to take part in the High wing GB).

Thanks for the offer.

Cheers.

Pat.

PS Oops! I just saw that I have the other boxing A4019A and not A4019 sot not the same decals but still one option with invasion stripes (404 sqn. and the other is for Portuguese Navy).

• Like 2