Hasegawa 1:72 B-26B Marauder

Hello again!

This is my redention of one of Hasegawa's best bomber kits so far. I think it came out pretty good, but that French guy who had also posted his model here, did it better. Aftermarket decals only, the rest iz OOB. It was painted with Revell and Vallejo acrylics. I believe there was also some moderate use of artist oil paints.

The kit hardly needs any aftermarket additions, but the main wheels could be better. Therefore I would reccomend to get it in Eduard boxing.

Enjoy the pics!

img20210617122854-1.jpg

img20210617122822-1.jpg

img20210617122422-1.jpg

img20210617122340-1.jpg

img20210617122309-1.jpg

img20210617122059-1.jpg

Josip

• Like 63

I think that's brilliant!

As a nose art fan, I particularly like the subject; and your weathering/staining is spot on.

I also have the Hasegawa kit and feel inspired to lift the box lid once more - although you have set the bar high!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Very nice B-26- I think it's one of the best Hasegawa kit builds I have seen in a while. Especially nice weathering and the overpainted invasion stripes, too! Well done! :like:

Mike

Excellent work, Josip. I really like your end result - very nicely weathered.

I am currently battling my way through the venerable 1/48 Monogram boxing and will do it in the same markings. It's the perfect kit for anyone who enjoys hours of fettling, filling, sanding and general fiddling about. I am getting there but boy, is it testing my patience! I am sure that ICM will announce a new, state of the art Marauder when I finally get mine over the finish line 😆

Cheers

Richard C

That's beautiful. Never tire of seeing the few builds of one of my favourite under modelled aircraft. It's screaming out for a modern tooled 1/48, or even 1/32 (HKM, radio check? 😎)

Edited by Notty

Thank you all. It was a labour of love. 

As for the new 1:48 kit, someone here had mentioned the possibility of ICM doing one. Let us hope that they do as they already did that other B-26 called Invader. 

Josip