"Civilizing" a Bedford Tactical Refueler

2 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Masterclass Alex. very nice work indeed.

Looking forward to seeing those decals bring it all to life.

Laurie

Thanks so much, Laurie!  I'm glad you're pleased with it, too, because you have particular standards.

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh wow this looks great  what a cracking paint job. Great work. 

Chris

Chris: thanks again for your encouragement.  Gloss coat should hide some of the imperfections in the white/yellow demarcation and darken the yellow ever so slightly.  Decals should hide other sins!  Best wishes, Alex

• Like 2

I applied a coat or two of gloss, followed by decals, which are a mix from my spares files and a set of 1/43 race sponsor car markings.  I had to create the green square around the "BP" logo using various means, and the results are a little mixed, but I'm satisfied with the whole effect.  As we're getting close to the finish here, I've applied some weathering and grime to various components, and I'll apply a couple passes of clear flat over the tops of the fuel bowsers and the TK's grille and bumper area.  The red warning on the right side of the TK advises against exceeding 3 bars of pressure for refueling.  That translates to 43.5 psi, which sounds right to me, unless those with fuels experience can advise otherwise.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I just tacked the assemblies together for illustration.  Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 5

Hey you keep producing Alex. Super work again.

Now Alex I know you are a very kind person. Do not deny it.

Now 1/72 & 1/76 hardly noticeable & I am am willing to

accept that no body will notice.

So I thought as you are so willing (you are), that on completion, you

will donate this Shell fueller to the cause.

That is for it to sit on my Jersey Airport Apron. I would of course give

notice that JammedKenny alias Alex produced it. This would be one

of the greatest accolades that you could ever receive.

I know that you will say that I could not possible receive such an offer.

But I am humbled to receive it. Very nice of you. 🤣

Laurie (oh heck my tongue is stuck in my cheek 😂)

• Thanks 1

Aw, shucks, @LaurieS, that is one kind "solicitation" if I've ever read one!  I'm sure Mark Twain would have had a jaunty rejoinder!  For purists, a 6% difference is noticeable, but for us, it's no big deal.  Of course, I need to balance your request with my own airfield support needs!  There's a 737-236 that needs refueling, you see...and I still have baggage carts waiting for their wheels to be painted....

49 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Aw, shucks, @LaurieS, that is one kind "solicitation" if I've ever read one!  I'm sure Mark Twain would have had a jaunty rejoinder!  For purists, a 6% difference is noticeable, but for us, it's no big deal.  Of course, I need to balance your request with my own airfield support needs!  There's a 737-236 that needs refueling, you see...and I still have baggage carts waiting for their wheels to be painted....

Assume, Alex, it seems that way 😿 a no then.

Mr Will Shakespeare has been in touch. He say who be Mark Twain ?

Read, when young, Tom sawyer & Huckleberry Finn. One time I could not keep my nose out of a book.

Before we moved into our flat 8 years ago I disposed of my book collection.

Over 800 books mostly of WW11. Falklands. All non fiction except Nicholas Monserrat's Cruel Sea. Herman Wouk's Caine Mutiny.

Both fiction but both based on actual experience. Some books I had had from the age of 14. Sad what.

Laurie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great work on these, they look wonderful, a cracking conversion. 

Chris

Thanks, Chris!  As I wrote elsewhere, this was a fun, relatively low-cost conversion using materials at hand.  The only purchases I had to make were the JB Models Bedford and the 1/43 BP decals.

1 hour ago, bar side said:

Looking very nice indeed.  Good work!

Thanks, Bar Side!  I'm glad it's done with.