Jaguar from Kitty Hawk 1/48

dov

On 6/21/2021 at 7:01 PM, Julien said:

The air starter unit is only fitted to the left side, the kit has on on both sides.

For an RAF Aircraft the vast amount of photos we have in the walkaround section is without a doubt the best set we have for a single type.

I'm going to show my ignorance, do you have any pics showing the Air Starter Unit? :blink:

Larry

A couple of pictures from the large library in the BM walkaround section. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70916-sepecat-jaguar-gr1-gr3/ 

Port airbrake bay with micro turbo air starter.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Starboard airbrake bay, with refueling coupling. Not a second micro turbo as Kitty Hawk have.

spacer.png

I highly recommend looking through the pictures. There is every bit of information you need for a Jaguar.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics, and especially the descriptions @Phone Phixer

I had taken a look through the walkarounds, but they weren't labelled as  being the Air Starter Unit. That's why I asked.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
More info
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Julien said:

No worries Larry, its called a Micro turbo, unlike other aircraft its not an APU all it does is provide for starting the engines. 

Not sure if this link will work here;

https://www.facebook.com/100002623534559/videos/1173265969437510/

Thanks for the link, and the description Julien.

But, as I previously mentioned, I absolutely refuse to ever have anything to do with Fakebook.

I assume that is a picture of you on the opening page? Glad to finally see what you look like, after all these years. :bye:

3 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

Thanks for the link, and the description Julien.

But, as I previously mentioned, I absolutely refuse to ever have anything to do with Fakebook.

I assume that is a picture of you on the opening page? Glad to finally see what you look like, after all these years. :bye:

That could be me Larry, dont know what you saw, video on the link is just the startup of the micro turbo

Try this;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

Cool video @Julien ! I would imagine you wouldn't want to be too close to it when it starts up?

It does get a bit warm. This was one of the first times it had run for a while so the start was a bit wet. Normally its better.

Hallo

I wonder. What is actually this micro turbo for? If it is noot an APU, is it a valve for engine bleed?

Can you explain me that?

Thank you.

Happy modelling

10 hours ago, dov said:

Hallo

I wonder. What is actually this micro turbo for? If it is noot an APU, is it a valve for engine bleed?

Can you explain me that?

Thank you.

Happy modelling

It provides air to start the main engines, hence the term Air Starter. It odes not provide electrical power or hydraulic power. 

Kind of like an on board palouste

• Like 2