British Army Quad Bike and Trailer

I have been a member of this forum for a while, but only recently had the time to investigate it fully and actually take the time to comment on some of the great productions of it’s members, I thought I would dip my toe in and post a few pictures and see what happens.

I present my effort at the Bronco Models 1/35th Quad Bike with trailer as used by the British Forces.

Quad Bike

Quad Bike

Quad Bike

Quad Bike

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard, and that is a cracking model.  Well done on the MTP.  Braver than me to paint that free hand.  The ammo boxes are spot on and  I do like the subtle weathering.  Do the bridge sections fit on the side of the trailer like the real thing?

Yes Bill, you can decide to attach the bridge section to the side of the trailer. I thought they look better with the bike posed going over. I have also made the Airfix 1/48 ones, where I did one with and one without the sections attached.

Quad Bikes

Quad Bikes

• Like 5

4 hours ago, neilspen said:

Yes Bill, you can decide to attach the bridge section to the side of the trailer. I thought they look better with the bike posed going over. I have also made the Airfix 1/48 ones, where I did one with and one without the sections attached.

Ta.  The green zone was full of 6' wide irrigation ditches and they bridges were vital to get the quad across them.  The lads had to jump.  For wider context they were normally driven by the Sgt Maj and used as a kind of modern day universal carrier.