An eye from the sky Shahak whit Tziut nose

Or the recce version of the Israeli Mirage.
Hi everyone, I'm back with another kit.
I started with the Weekend in 48 version of Eduard to which I added the A.M.L. convertion and S.B.S. for cockpit and weel bays.
Maybe I'll take in Eduard wheel set but I haven't decided yet.
BOX ART and ACCESSORIES

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

PREPARATION FOR CONVERSION
The model in addition to receiving the new "nose", will receive a new engine or the ATAR 9C which differs externally for a new shape of the tail and the petals of the afterburner more similar to the J79 instead of the 2 petals (upper and lower) of the Atar 9B.

spacer.png

spacer.png

At this point I wanted to see if the model would "sit" as the Mirage and F21 I already built had this flaw.
I put all the tail and radome components in bags and simulated the fulcrum of the scale at the point of the main carriages, result: the model hangs towards the front so I don't need ballast.

spacer.png

COCKPIT
After having scratched to the bone the cockpit and the front landing gear I moved on to the realization of the pit in black not black (that is a very dark gray), drybrush with a mix of Mars Black and Titanium White oil, washing with Lavado Negro from Vallejo with water and then defining the colored areas with the Vallejo.
The seat is from the detail set (MK5 if I'm not mistaken) even if some were equipped with MK6 that I took (Pavla) but definitely out of scale (native to the Airfix Buccaneer), I'll try to use the one  dedicated  to the Kfir from Quick Boost  if it is not huge too, however for now it remains the original one.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ENGINE AREA
The coupling between the terminal section and the fuselage is really precise, I had to intervene the minimum necessary for the alignment of the 2 pieces.
The actual motor consists of 2 pieces for the petals (internal and external) to which the tie rods for closing the external ones must be added in the form of copper wire to be baked at 3mm and then glue the appropriate seats, the others pieces are the smoke duct, the grill (in P.E.), the initial part of the smoke duct and the terminal part of the compressor.
The pieces are assembled without difficulty and the detachment from the risers is very easy; only precaution, the outer petals are very fragile so you need some attention to avoid them breaking.
The only addition is the parachute-saving steel lip protection plate which is smooth in the set and which I reproduced with adhesive aluminum.

spacer.png

spacer.png

FUSELAGE AND WINGS
I have always maintained that the Weekend versions are not perfect molds, in fact mine were quite slobbering and a little crooked.
Eduard's Mirage is in itself a model that is not very easy to assemble as there are no well-marked feedbacks and the decomposition of the model does not facilitate things.
I proceeded in stages, once the cockpit was fixed in one half of the fuselage, I began to glue the kit from the nose, paying close attention to the alignment between the various panels, arrived at the air intakes area, I waited for everything to dry before resume gluing the rest.
For the wings I followed a different scheme from the instructions, in fact I first glued the upper wings and taking care of the alignment at the root of the wing, I glued the 2 wings, this allowed me to avoid boring and dangerous grouting that would have ruined delicate paneling and details of that area.
Any adjustments will be made in the lower part that is less visible but also easier to fix.

spacer.png

Now I am dedicating myself to the lower part of the wings where also here the alignment work and step procedure is a must .... but this another story

• Like 5

Hi Friends

I searched my supplier for the 850 liter ventral tank but he didn't have them so I did a quick search on the net and found some photos of the PJ models and Wingman models that produce them, I sat in front of the pc and reproduced them. Another thing that didn't convince me was the camera for which I searched for photos and found answers on this site and found that it is the same model mounted on the Kfir and SR71, and here's what I modeled. Tomorrow I mold everything with my 3D resin printer.

Below are the photos of the 3D model of the  ventral tank, elettronic bay and the head of the camera

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Eletronic bay for camera ,The one from the convertion it's very poor in details and the  access doors are represented as raisedand  non-fluxing

spacer.png

AML solution for the head of the camera

spacer.png

My solution from reality lents look trough a 45°inclined mirror

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3