Smit Frankrijk Harbour Tug

An area of concern has been replicating the railings. The kit consists of the teak hand rail and some knibs where the other rails go. 

Total height of rails 4.5mm

P1120084

Using my swiveling vice and peg weights I've managed to lay and glue the additional rails. No mean feat with an involuntary tremor in my hand.

P1120081

P1120078 (2)

P1120082

P1120083

Calling that a result, well pleased

Stay safe

Kev

• Like 10

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

And you should be another one of those valuable tips noted in the book for my reference good use of the clothes pegs bet your a dab hand on washing days.  :whistle:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, longshanks said:

Gidday Kev, I gotta agree with Beefy above, those extra rails have come up very good. And yeah, clothes pegs are very useful, I use them quite a bit in modelling. I believe they can also be used for hanging washing on the line. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

@robgizlu @beefy66 @The Baron  etc.

Thanks for the support guys.....

The truth is I'm suffering with a chronic illness a side effect of which is a tremor in my left hand. This now at a point where I can't use a 

fork in my left hand. Not conducive to small scale modelling..... 

I'm now trying to do something in a much larger scale

So here's hoping

Kev

i

• Sad 2

Hey, Kev.  Sorry to hear about your health issue.  But, it's nice to see you trying to soldier on with the Citroen build.

Coincidently, my wife was watching an old Rosemary & Thyne episode on TV earlier this week where the lead characters were driving one of these 'beasts' on the French Riviera.   No rust though. :D 

Best wishes for a successful build.

John

• Thanks 1

Not a nice thing to hear that Kev but at least you are still building something even if it is a French rust bucket

and you just know all the reprobate's will support you along the way I suppose a pigeon and nest will be out of the question with the Citroen. :whistle:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Haha 1