Beast Mode GB at 15 - kit inspo!

bianfuxia

Beast Mode. 

Going all out. Holding no punches. In the immortal words of AC/DC - "won't take no prisoners/won't spare no lives/nobody's putting up a fight".

This GB is for aircraft dripping with ordnance - a full load, the kind that you wonder how the plane made it off the ground.

I came up with the idea when I saw that Hasegawa has a 1/72 F-35 kit, and then it has a kit of the F-35 in "beast mode" - the mode where it's forgetting about stealth and just going all in like it's the Zombie Apocalypse.

(link to the Hasegawa Beast Mode F-35)

Beast Mode is a bit subjective, so here's my concept of it:

If you can see every pylon hanging with bombs or missiles, it's in Beast Mode. But it can't just be a couple of pylons - an early MiG-21 with two Atolls under the wings isn't in Beast Mode even though that's a full load. A later one with two Atolls and a pair of Aphids under each wing is in Beast Mode. Same plane, both with a full load, but only one is in Beast Mode. 

A B-52 with nukes inside is undeniably beasty, but it's not in Beast Mode. A B-52 in Beast Mode would have a bundle of SRAM cruise missiles under the wings as well as a full bomb bay. 

A Hurricane with a bomb under the cockpit is not in Beast Mode. A Hurricane with eight rockets under the wings is though.

An F-15 with four Sidewinders and four Sparrows qualifies as Beast Mode. Same for an F-4 - even better if it's an RAF one with six rocket pods too.

An A-4 with tons of bombs and rockets for a raid over Viet Nam is in Beast Mode...

Also, if you like Vulcans, Lancasters or whatever, they can join if the bomb bay is open and full. Like this F-102:

IMG_20210619_090406005-scaled.jpg?resize

Anyway, anything in the spirit of this would be cool for the GB.

Who's up for it?

I am, so who's next:

1. bianfuxia

2. @arfa1983

3. @exdraken

4. @Robert Stuart

5. @Tim R-T-C

6. @JOCKNEY

7. @Chrisj2003

8. @Marklo

9. @Thom216

10. @TEMPESTMK5

11. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

12. @PeterB

13. @Ravnos

14. @klr

15. @Anatol Pigwa

Edited by bianfuxia

5 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

When I read the OP, I thought the most obvious type for this build has to be an A-10 Warthog.
Googling to check my thought, the BAe Harrier turned up as an interesting option too (e.g. https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/801-naval-air-squadron.html ).

So...should I put you down for an A-10, a Harrier, or both? :)

• bianfuxia changed the title to Beast Mode GB passes 5

be2b76bc-147e-4947-910c-f8086878eb54.jpeWould this count? I’ve  been threatening to scratchbuild one for years. If so I’m in.

315dd9dc-1e70-4da9-ad0c-efd45345c8ac.jpeOr conceivably something like this ( which I’m not proposing to build) Although…..

Edited by Marklo

12 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

What about this? Standard Hasegawa 1/72 F-4 complete with lots of bombs. In stash, needs to be built, can't see it fits in any proposed GB.

Chris

226833-13977-17-pristine.jpg

An F-4 fully loaded definitely qualifies for Beast Mode. Welcome!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

What about one of these ?

IMG_5932

picture from Scalemates

Cheers Pat

So let me get this straight.

it's a huge bomber armed with several machine gun and under the wings it has two "pylons" and under each pylon is ANOTHER BOMBER each with another two pylons and those two pylons are fully bombed up. 

Have I got that straight?

So really it's like Beast Mode X3 or 3BM or BM3 or ... IT'S IN!

11 hours ago, Marklo said:

be2b76bc-147e-4947-910c-f8086878eb54.jpeWould this count? I’ve  been threatening to scratchbuild one for years. If so I’m in.

315dd9dc-1e70-4da9-ad0c-efd45345c8ac.jpeOr conceivably something like this ( which I’m not proposing to build)

I just need to know one thing. WHERE. THEY. ARE.

Does the Aliens Drop Ship count. Um, YES.

welcome!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Would this be acceptable..? If so, count me in!

spacer.png

If this insane aircraft is the one that transforms into a giant battle suit carrying a monster sized gun then, yes, I'd say it qualifies safely. Welcome!

• Haha 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to Beast Mode GB at 9
12 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

it's a huge bomber armed with several machine gun and under the wings it has two "pylons" and under each pylon is ANOTHER BOMBER each with another two pylons and those two pylons are fully bombed up. 

Actually I think if that’s the plane I think it is it could also carry a couple of parasite fighters above the wing as well.

f7589ff8-bf07-4ff2-8a11-f00210a6a76e.jpeyup found it. I think I’d like one too but maybe in 1/144th.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Marklo said:

Actually I think if that’s the plane I think it is it could also carry a couple of parasite fighters above the wing as well.

f7589ff8-bf07-4ff2-8a11-f00210a6a76e.jpeyup found it. I think I’d like one too but maybe in 1/144th.

Someone totally has to do this!

Good morning bianfuxia

Please add my name to the list but I don't know yet waht I will build maybe an F51D Mustang in Korea loaded with rockets and fuel tanks under each wings ...

Patrice 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Someone totally has to do this!

I’m very tempted. I know the I-16 is available in 1/144 must check if the I-15 is, hmmm.

Yes a twin pack no less. Just have to scratch build the bomber. Ok if the GB goes ahead count me in for that one :) ( and I might still do the Megadeth Hornet)

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning bianfuxia

Please add my name to the list but I don't know yet waht I will build maybe an F51D Mustang in Korea loaded with rockets and fuel tanks under each wings ...

Patrice 

Awesome! Welcome to Beast Mode!

35 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I’m very tempted. I know the I-16 is available in 1/144 must check if the I-15 is, hmmm.

Yes a twin pack no less. Just have to scratch build the bomber. Ok if the GB goes ahead count me in for that one :) ( and I might still do the Megadeth Hornet)

Got you on the list!

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You can add me in either A-10, A-1 Spad, Or Su-25 Frogfoot. 

Excellent choices, sir. Excellent!

• Like 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to Beast Mode GB at double figures (11)!

resized_b268ea9c-0b83-4cd6-95f5-7caffcfaThis has been lurking in the stash for many years (I may even have two) largely intact;  occasionally pillaged for tail cones etc. But would be perfect for the GB given an appropriate jet to stick them on.

Edited by Marklo

48 minutes ago, Marklo said:

resized_b268ea9c-0b83-4cd6-95f5-7caffcfaThis has been lurking in the stash for many years (I may even have two) largely intact;  occasionally pillaged for tail cones etc. But would be perfect for the GB given an appropriate jet to stick them on.

I wonder what the two big black/green ones are at either end of the middle row ? They dont exactly look like drop tanks but could be , that or maybe bombs ?